Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

misfire

a13bhw

year 2000 lexus gs 300 misfire on low revs, changed all the ignition coils also cleaned maf sensor leading from air filter and throttle body,any ideas thanks brian.

• 1 month later...

hi sorry so late in answering you,engine management light on, tried to check the blink method but does not respond .ie bridging with wire lead, into diagnostic plug in located in front of Battery,its year 2000 pre obd.

nothing whatso ever ,no lights flashing blinking etc  it used to be able and working for blink testing that was 6 months ago ,cant seem to find a pre 1999 code reader, cant complain ive had car fifteen years but I cant part with it,

Have you tried bridging the connections in the diagnostic socket under the bonnet instead, just in case the obd port pins under the dash are playing up?

yes,im going down injector route the weekend, according to screwdriver listening trick the injectors are all firing by the sound of the firing clicks,but it could be one blocked injector.got me baffled, both diagnostic ports are dead.thanks for advice,brian.