Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DAB radio

Hi all

has my IS for a week now and really pleased with it, I wasn't sure if coming from the RX I'd be disappointed, any way I can't get the DAB to work at all, it just says 'no signal' all the time.  Do I have to set the unit up (the car is new) or is there a fault?

any ideas appreciated

Cheers

Its a bit of a farce. Despite retuning / scanning I can only get one channel, had a similar issue with my BMW so presume its a signal thing in my area hence just stick to FM. 

The DAB on my RX 450 worked perfectly so I assumed this would be the same, it will go back to Lexus and they can resolve it because nothing I do results in me getting a signal.  Even the DAB radio I bought for my daughters car from Halfords worked well so I do expect this one to work😱

Update.......don't panic, I received an email today from the dealers with a video attached, it took me through the steps to programme the DAB, easy when you know how😜👍🏻  Thanks Lexus Cardiff top job.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Morepower said:

Update.......don't panic, I received an email today from the dealers with a video attached, it took me through the steps to programme the DAB, easy when you know how😜👍🏻  Thanks Lexus Cardiff top job.

I didn't think it was difficult to tune any radio, they're mostly the same and intuitive once you've done one.

Isnt it case of scanning/tuning, scroll to a station, press number one preset until it bleeps, repeat.

This wasn't intuitive at all, the video explained it very well but it wasn't something I could fathom without help, it was switching from one menu to another then back again then saving the station, really quite complicated? But I got there so all good now 😜

• Like 1

On 03/04/2017 at 9:18 PM, capese21 said:

RTFM:yes:

Are you aware Lexus have stopped issuing manuals for certain models...........only a download

If you have a crappy phone then for people like me most things are still a mystery.......I dont think a rear seat passenger has got out of the car yet without a  massive hoo haa as I still cant work that out.....:wink3:

My 2015 IS200t download is simply a pdf....600 pages and no direct link to any page, have to scroll through the lot. 

The Lexus site also downloads McAfee security scan plus and something called True key by Intel Security.. dont fancy going much further and theres no chance of putting that on my phone..

A manual would be so much easier for an old nacker like me  

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Just input the page number into the header bar in Adobe Reader. I generally start at the index and skip directly to the page required

cheers mate, that worked....:w00t:

Is there a quick way of getting back from say page 163 to the index

Cheers - no issues on my PC but sat in the car with my phone trying to work things out  is causing a few issues..phone and eyes struggling etc....I really need to get a grip of it

Are you aware Lexus have stopped issuing manuals for certain models...........only a download

My IS300H and my present GS both had a manual on CD-rom in the glovebox. I read it on my PC screen and print out any pages as required. Easier to find by key words in the search box than a paper booklet imho. I can also read it on my ipad. 

Getting approximately back on topic, I had rubbish DAB reception on my IS, the dealer couldn't sort it.  Occasionally it would work, then cut to 'no signal'.

Thanks to the advice of a member on here, I unplugged my dashcam from the ciggy socket in the armrest.  Result:  virtually perfect DAB reception!

Pity it was only a week before the lease ran out and the car went back.......

On 04/04/2017 at 11:22 PM, NemesisUK said:

Ah! Phone and PDF = frustration....

At least the Merc came with a manual on DVD which played in the car...

Try sitting on the side of the road in a Mercedes with the bonnet up from hitting a low flying seagull at 5pm on a Friday  trying to find the reset instructions on the dvd. In the end a dealership call fortunately   sorted it. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:23 PM, Morepower said:

This wasn't intuitive at all, the video explained it very well but it wasn't something I could fathom without help, it was switching from one menu to another then back again then saving the station, really quite complicated? But I got there so all good now 😜

Can you share this video have same problem, cheers