Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After recent thread on Battery fails and suspicion of such,mine as gone crazy.

I had a visit to supermarket last week,  sat in car listening to Willie Nelson (Bless him) when the wife returned to the car one hour later it would not turn over green flag arrived jump started the engine and checked the alternator charging at 14.3v and I returned home.

Been on float charge since then took it out of garage yesterday and put some air in tyres from comp off Battery and result, flat Battery.

Took it off car and checked voltage this morning 13.14 v .

This Battery was bought in july 2012 when I got the car, it is a Yuasa 2794 which as now progressed to a Yuasa 3030.

Ordered one off company in Midlands £83 00 delivered the same price as for the one that as just failed ,I have stuck with same maker as I have had more than the average 48 months life batteries give.

39 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

John

Favourite Kareoke number "Pancho & Lefty" Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard.

Merle was my favourite Phil.

Have you listened to Townes Van Zandt? Nanci Griffiths  sang his "Tecumseh Valley" and introduced him to me, metaphorically speaking.

John Prine, I`ve only discovered recently.Just cannot explain why I missed him first time round. Listen to his "Jesus, the missing years"

I could go on , but this is a Lexus Forum!!

Regards

John

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

The great Willie Nelson. A legend in his own linchtime. The only Country & Western artist I can stand.

Have you seen one of his guitars, litteraly worn through but still played!

I have recently read Willie Nelson's autobiography and it takes a thoroughly interesting insight into this era of Country and Western culture which at first did not recognise Willie Nelson's style.

But as you say another forum for this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to this one ..  just returned from a mini cruise around the UK

Lexus/Toyota OEM batteries seemed to have incredible longevity from NEW with the cars .........  maybe 13 to 18 years life span .......  I do not jest here.

Whether the replacement OEM batteries will last so long is another matter BUT maybe OEM replacements could be the best way to go ...  and their pricing ( at least on my Mk3 ) was very competitive

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Lexus/Toyota OEM batteries seemed to have incredible longevity from NEW with the cars .........  maybe 13 to 18 years life span .......  I do not jest here.

Whether the replacement OEM batteries will last so long is another matter BUT maybe OEM replacements could be the best way to go ...  and their pricing ( at least on my Mk3 ) was very competitive

Malc

Outstanding longevity indeed Malc. What was the replacement price and where did you buy it from please?

Regards

John

6 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

When I replaced my Battery on my 98 MK4 LS400 it was the original from when the car was new 15 years old. I Lexus replaced it with another one but sadly that one didnt last any where near as long as I had to replace that one last October again with another Lexus one.

Heres a picture of Willie Nelsons Martin N20. He calls it Trigger. If it didnt have a host of trickery inside the body it would be useless.

http://img.wennermedia.com/article-leads-horizontal/rs-190345-_DSC8218.jpgrs-190345-_DSC8218.jpg

41 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Outstanding longevity indeed Malc. What was the replacement price and where did you buy it from please?

I just replaced the Battery from the local Toyota Main Dealer ( nearby the Lexus main dealer ) in Canterbury

Paid full price but it was no £££££ dearer than an " ordinary " marque Battery

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

I just replaced the battery from the local Toyota Main Dealer ( nearby the Lexus main dealer ) in Canterbury

Paid full price but it was no £££££ dearer than an " ordinary " marque battery

Malc

Thanks Malc. I do not understand why more members do not go via the Toyota route for most things as after all a Lexus is a Toyota  in a different skin!

Regards

John

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Malc. I do not understand why more members do not go via the Toyota route for most things as after all a Lexus is a Toyota  in a different skin!

Regards

John

I never gave it a thought, maybe next time. I paid £115 incl coffee, biscuits and a wash and brush up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

When I replaced my battery on my 98 MK4 LS400 it was the original from when the car was new 15 years old. I Lexus replaced it with another one but sadly that one didnt last any where near as long as I had to replace that one last October again with another Lexus one.

Heres a picture of Willie Nelsons Martin N20.

No picture!

5 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Its 5 posts up.

Wow, that's impressive.  What on earth holds that together, the pressure from the strings much be considerable.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Wow, that's impressive.  What on earth holds that together, the pressure from the strings much be considerable.

Its a nylon strung guitar so has no where near the tension that an electric guitar has to put up with.

6 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Its a nylon strung guitar so has no where near the tension that an electric guitar has to put up with.

I guess so.  What an amazing thing though to have a guitar so well used that it's worn in to a hole but its still used!

Mike 

Thats Willie's favourite  and is nicknamed "Trigger" He as loads of signatures on it ,different artists who he as played with over the years, his Guitar Techy keeps patching it up as Willie reckons its going to his grave with him.

I've been very impressed by the Duracell 5 year batteries from Europarts. Order at the weekend on-line to get the discount, and free delivery too.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, ambermarine said:

John

Favourite Kareoke number "Pancho & Lefty" Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard.

I like that version, but prefer the Willie Nelson/Bob Dylan version, suits Bob's voice, I think

By way of warning.

After returning to Gatwick last year, and getting into my car at the Terminal, my seat / steering wheel position memory was missing. After a couple of weeks the Battery died. I replaced the battery but was surprised to see a tiny Spanish made Battery not the one which I wrote the install date date on in white marker.

I certainly won't be using Tudor Rose Parking ever again! God knows what they get up to!

• Like 1