Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS200T MY2017 rear bumper for Lexus IS300H

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to change my rear bumper and put the one of the 200T + diffuser, of course i would like much more the MY2017, but the one before would also be ok. Does anyone know if it would be possible? As in Spain we don´t have the 200T version it is also very difficult to get one, and from Lexus Spain they say that it is not possible to order it if i dont have the chassis number of 200T, so im not able to try it neither 

My idea is if it fits, try to find the rear bumper in UK websites or try to look for someone that can order it for me.

Thank you in advance :smile:

I don't see why this wouldn't work, but you would have to change the rear  exhaust outlets too, as the Is300h ones turn down at the ends.

Is the diffuser bit a separate part to the bumper? If so could you not change just that?

2 hours ago, Steve44 said:

I don't see why this wouldn't work, but you would have to change the rear  exhaust outlets too, as the Is300h ones turn down at the ends.

Is the diffuser bit a separate part to the bumper? If so could you not change just that?

Yes the diffuser is available separately but no idea on the part numbers for them.

14 hours ago, Steve44 said:

Yes correct, i know i would have to change the exhaust or do some type of do it yourserlf project.... The problem is Lexus in Spain don´t help its terrible to get information of a model that is not sold here... and as in UK you have both versions, maybe someone has tried to change it :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Finally i got the number of a IS200T chassis, so i placed the order. The guy of Lexus told me it would take around 2 months to have all the parts here, but finally in less than 2 weeks everything was here. 

So yesterday i took the car to the mechanic and they installed it. 

Here the result...

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

• Like 4

On 28/4/2017 at 6:31 PM, rayaans said:

Very nice!

How did you work around the exhaust tip issue on the hybrids as I believe they point downwards?

Hi,

The mechanic cut the exhaust so it would look in front. They are in the same position as the exhaust tails, so it fitted very easy.

On 28/4/2017 at 6:26 PM, Farqui said:

Looks good, do you have a before pic?

The part numbers might come in useful for someone :wink3:

Hello,

The before pic is the standard:

lexus-is-300h-5.jpg

Yes of course, here are the part numbers and the names in spanish with the prices, once the material was here they made me a 10% discount on the price.

52169-53030  SPOILER TRASERO 219.41€

52161-53090  SOPORTE  15.97€

52161-02030  GRAPAS  1.22€ X 6

90183-05050 GRAPAS 0.79€  X2

17408-31110 TERMINACION ESCAPE  230.94€ 

17408-31120 TERMINACION ESCAPE  230.94€

If you have any question let me know :)

• Like 2

On 4/5/2017 at 3:48 PM, DanD said:

Looks much better than the box standard hybrid.

Yes, for me it was something that the Fsport needed, i know its just esthetic and that its an hybrid version, but i like more the agressive look of the rear part now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jesus,

Tx for sharing. Thinking of doing the same. Can you advise if the exhaust tips are mounted on the original muffler (where you cut the end tip going downwards) or are they mounted on the rear bumper lip only (so not connected to the muffler).

Tx

Key

On 2017-6-3 at 4:39 PM, lexusmoon said:

Hi Jesus,

Tx for sharing. Thinking of doing the same. Can you advise if the exhaust tips are mounted on the original muffler (where you cut the end tip going downwards) or are they mounted on the rear bumper lip only (so not connected to the muffler).

Tx

Key

Hello,

Yes they fit perfectly on the new exhaust end tips, as the place is the same. What they did is they cut the exhaust end that was pointing down and they did something to prolong it. I will make some photos when i have time so you can check it.

I think its a good option to put them, car looks very nice with them.

On 2017-6-3 at 8:39 PM, 200h said:

a picture from underneath the car would be nice so we can see how the original exhaust sits by the new tips

Once i have it i will uploaded here.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Jesus Langa said:

Hello,

Yes they fit perfectly on the new exhaust end tips, as the place is the same. What they did is they cut the exhaust end that was pointing down and they did something to prolong it. I will make some photos when i have time so you can check it.

I think its a good option to put them, car looks very nice with them.

Tx, so I am trying to figure out if the new end tip is mounted to the muffler only, or to the rear bumper only, or mounted to both?

1. If mounted to the muffler only, I understand why you need to cut the end pointing downwards. But this gives me the option to repurpose the original 300h rear lip and just cut out the shape of the new tip.

2. If mounted to rear lip only, I assume there may not be the need to cut the end pointing downwards (although it may not look as good). In this case I will need to buy the revised bumper to fit the brackets needed for the new tip to fit.

3. If mounted to both, I will need all the items you mentioned.

Please advise (btw, really appreciate your help!)

2 hours ago, lexusmoon said:

Tx, so I am trying to figure out if the new end tip is mounted to the muffler only, or to the rear bumper only, or mounted to both?

1. If mounted to the muffler only, I understand why you need to cut the end pointing downwards. But this gives me the option to repurpose the original 300h rear lip and just cut out the shape of the new tip.

2. If mounted to rear lip only, I assume there may not be the need to cut the end pointing downwards (although it may not look as good). In this case I will need to buy the revised bumper to fit the brackets needed for the new tip to fit.

3. If mounted to both, I will need all the items you mentioned.

Please advise (btw, really appreciate your help!)

Sorry, i may not explain very good because of my English, i have attached a photo that might help you understand what i want to say. The end tip is mounted to the exhaust it comes with a piece that they somehow connect to the exhaust, but i am not very sure how they did it, as i left the car and they gave me it already mounted.

Let me know if you have more doubts, i will try to help :)

2017-05-12 17.02.05 HDR.jpg

Tx Jesus!! If you could take a pic from underneath it would be really helpful. So a picture of the backside of the rear bumper lip. This way we can see if at all there are any brackets we need to consider off as part of mounting the new end tip.

Btw, your rear looks amazing!!

On 2017-6-7 at 8:28 AM, lexusmoon said:

Been checking this based on the item number 17408-31110 (Tail end pipe).

Seems it is mounted on the muffler only.

75238fe246c5209ac751d22285b9b43d.png

63b750389b7d23a809453998dce4f4af.png

Yes correct, those parts come included on the muffler tail, you dont need much more than that.

With the references i have given on #12 its enought

Regards

it could be mounted to the bumper if the tail pipe wasn't fastened to it,i.e. with the tail pipe pointing in the direction of the tail pipe finisher