Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS200T MY2017 rear bumper for Lexus IS300H

2 hours ago, Martin F said:

It wouldn't be mounted to the bumper trim, because of the heat. 

Agree with 200h. It could have been just an accessory item mounted on the rear lip just for the looks, so not mounted to the muffler at all (therefore no heat issue).

Although the pic now shows it is mounted to the muffler.

This is a really great idea, did not think of doing this.  These bumpers with the exhaust trims really should have been on the 2017 revision IS 300h F-sport, they really finish the car well at the back.

On 2017-6-14 at 9:09 PM, rcfsport said:

This is a really great idea, did not think of doing this.  These bumpers with the exhaust trims really should have been on the 2017 revision IS 300h F-sport, they really finish the car well at the back.

Yes, i think its something that at least the Fsport version should bring. The new rear bumper of the IS300H MY2017 isn´t very  nice...

Resultado de imagen de lexus is 300h my2017 rear

• 2 weeks later...

today i took a picture of the rear silencer / tailpipe assembly whilst i was at lexus

i now understand how it all goes together.

the finisher bolts on to the rear muffler

20170624_091943.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/6/2017 at 9:44 PM, 200h said:

today i took a picture of the rear silencer / tailpipe assembly whilst i was at lexus

i now understand how it all goes together.

the finisher bolts on to the rear muffler

20170624_091943.jpg

In the IS the finisher doesnt get so long to the muffler tail, in my case they needed to install a small extension.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Been following this closely as I want to change the rear diffusser to a facelift one from the IS200t, looking at the exhaust tips of the IS200t, those tips has the bolts/brackets to fit onto the back box on a IS200t (some posted picture above), the bracket the IS300h don't have so not simple as bolt onto (or even weld) the original back box on the IS300h so got me thinking by cutting off the is300h exhaust tips (the part that points down) and welding something like this photo below, would that work ? Obviously with the IS200t diffusser fitted, obviously the shape of these exhaust tips doesn't blend with the IS200t diffuser like the IS200t exhaust tips... here is link of the exhaust tips fitted on a 2Gen IS250 and GS300...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-tips-Universal-Oval-Tailpipe-trims-for-SAAB-LEXUS-IS250-GS300-EVO-10/281683231904?epid=766111545&hash=item4195a104a0:g:frgAAOSwBahVSMvm

s-l1600.jpg

i have just made a quick sketch of a cheap mod for the tail pipe,

if you cut off the down turned tail pipe on the 300h then had a flat

plate with 2 bolt holes and a length of tube welded onto the original

tail pipe you could then mount the oem tail pipe finisher onto the

oem exhaust.

300h tail pipe conversion.jpg

Yes this is an option to do this, and looking at the cost of the exhaust trims, that roughly equivalent of £200 + each !! Not sure if it cost more or less in UK though, that is more than that diffuser !!! On another note I notice that IS200t diffuser has 2 different ones, you see this one here has a 'faux' mesh on the centre and looking at Lexus USA this one pictured below is for the F-sport and that diffuser the guy had bought is non f-sport one...

Image result for 2017 lexus is200t

3 hours ago, 200h said:

i have just made a quick sketch of a cheap mod for the tail pipe,

if you cut off the down turned tail pipe on the 300h then had a flat

plate with 2 bolt holes and a length of tube welded onto the original

tail pipe you could then mount the oem tail pipe finisher onto the

oem exhaust.

300h tail pipe conversion.jpg

here is a link with an exploded view of the exhaust system

i know the link is pointing to the rc300h but the 200t isnt listed

the part numbers are listed with a price in $.

http://jp-carparts.com/lexus/partlist.php?maker=lexus&type=245120&cartype=4&fig=1702

parts 17408 No1 & No2 are the needed parts

• Like 1

After seeing some pics of IS300h / 250 with quad exhaust, more I see more I like, prob go for something like that some point next year when I saved up enough cash, long as it isn't noisy / loud !! If I to do this may as well go all the way !!.....looks like it fit onto the facelift diffusser after seeing a quad Greddy exhaust and those tips are big !! 

• 5 weeks later...

This is a great mod for the IS300h. Looks so much better imho.I had a Audi A4 cab 2.5 diesel a few years ago where the exhaust tips bent down so I got a new rear diffuser with twin outlets,cut off the bends and welded some straight tips on which give it the same look as the 3 litre petrol version.

• 1 month later...

After some research I opted for an aftermarket rearlip with diffuser. Had to cut off the tips bending down, but I was able to bolt on aftermarket exhaust tips on that similar to the OEM ones.

24q1th2.jpg

20u8vmc.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi there 

I'm replying to this thread as I'm looking to do the same to my 2015 IS 300h. I've obtained pricing from Lexus Milton Keynes, £900.51 including VAT. 

Can anyone advise whether this is competitive and the best way to source the parts? 

Thanks

On 2/3/2018 at 8:32 AM, lexusmoon said:

After some research I opted for an aftermarket rearlip with diffuser. Had to cut off the tips bending down, but I was able to bolt on aftermarket exhaust tips on that similar to the OEM ones.

24q1th2.jpg

20u8vmc.jpg

Hi Key, can you advise where you got your diffuser from, it looks pretty badass! 🙂