Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grettings from Spain and IS300H 2017 Mirrorlink doubts

Hi,

I'm a new Lexus IS300H 2017 which I got from the dealer three weeks ago. Here in Spain Lexus isn't a very well known brand so It's difficult to find out some things of these cars. Despite my bad english I have been reading you by a long time and found that this is one of the few interesting forums dedicated to lexus so I have decided to join and collaborate and learn as much as I can about these nice cars.

Everybody has told me that all Lexus current cars are mirrorlink 1.0... The thing that confuses me is that I can't not connect one S3 with drivelink but in the other hand mirrorlink works well with Samsung Galaxy Alpha (1.1 mirrorlink) or S4 mini (1.1 mirrorlink too). S7 doesn't work. 

Can anybody shed light on this matter?

Sorry for my bad english and grettings from Spain.

• Like 2

Hi JC and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars inside and out so don't be shy.

Happy Spanish Lexus Motoring.

Mike.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in the day it used to be the non-nav versions that had mirrorlink, any sort of navigation system and it was removed?

What car do you have now?  I will have your babies if this works in my 2017 Sport I get next month?  

Come on we need the details and the instructions used to get it to work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-5 at 11:10 AM, Blisteringblue said:

Back in the day it used to be the non-nav versions that had mirrorlink, any sort of navigation system and it was removed?

What car do you have now?  I will have your babies if this works in my 2017 Sport I get next month?  

Come on we need the details and the instructions used to get it to work?

It works in 2017 IS300H no premium nav only navibox.  It's 1.1 mirrorlink so only some specific apps works but you can hack in order to get more apps working rooting a Samsung S5, S6,S7, Alpha. I can help you if needed.

Any app can be displayed but I have problems with inputs as Lexus screen is not touch so, for example if you want to use google maps you have to start it before plugging in usb port.

No problem when car moving, it works when you quit pedal break and start moving.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:38 PM, lonbo said:

It works in 2017 IS300H no premium nav only navibox.  It's 1.1 mirrorlink so only some specific apps works but you can hack in order to get more apps working rooting a Samsung S5, S6,S7, Alpha. I can help you if needed.

Cheers, not sure what Navibox is?  I have a 2017 Sport coming in a couple of weeks, this comes with standard Nav, not premium, is that what you mean?

I will have a play when it arrives anyway, total bonus if this appears.

Although my phone doesn't do mirrorlink, but I will happily get a second hand s6 for a few quid.

• 3 weeks later...

Sat in a 2017 Executive yesterday and mirrorlink was indeed there but greyed out!!  Just need my sport to arrive now and have a play, didn't have a phone with mirrorlink to play yesterday, but this is very promising now, and a real bonus if it works.