Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to look at a Mk4 tomorrow...

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I had this issue and turned out to be really filthy throttle body, since cleaned at last service, no stalling (or super low revs) on firing up.

Thanks. I'm getting together bits for this Spring's service and will get the mech to remove and clean that. (I aready got 8 spark plugs, as I can't see when they were last done.) Is it a long/tricky job?

(cleverdick - apologies for the thread diversion, and congrats on your new car!) :)

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Did the airbag light by any chance come on after you adjusted the driver's seat position?

Passenger seat most likely - I got it put on a code reader today the result was sensor in L/H seat.  Cleared, OK now.

Is this a known issue then?

R

22 hours ago, cleverdick said:

Passenger seat most likely - I got it put on a code reader today the result was sensor in L/H seat.  Cleared, OK now.

Is this a known issue then?

R

What tends to happen is the front seats once set up stay in the same position for years but then a new owner may readjust them to suit, suddenly all those wires,plugs and sockets have to move leading to possible electrical connection problems and the light comes on.

• Like 1

Many thanks Steve, that does indeed make sense.

Anyway, I am grateful to everyone for their posts and advice, but for now I feel I need to take a back seat on this forum.  (In the LS, of course!)

So do excuse me if it goes a bit quiet from this end, for a while at least.

Regards to all,

Rich

So the lesson we learn (thanks J Geils Band....obscure reference!) is to utilise the CHOICE of alternate seat/steeringwheel settings, and let your wife/partner drive occasionally?

(The quote is from 'No anchovies please')

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links