Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Error Codes P0171 and P0174 post recall work

LennyLexus

Hi All,

I have recently had the Fuel Pressure Gasket recall carried out to IS250 along with an interim service. However while stuck in traffic the EM lights go off along with the following error codes P0171 and P0174. I have the car booked in to be looked at next Thursday, is this likely to as a result of the recall work carried out? Anyone else experience this?

FYI – I also had an exhaust pipe leak after the cat/o2 sensor on the driver side, could this be causing the issue, there were previously no EM lights/codes prior to the service/recall work.

Thanks in advance,

L

6 hours ago, LennyLexus said:

FYI – I also had an exhaust pipe leak after the cat/o2 sensor on the driver side, could this be causing the issue, there were previously no EM lights/codes prior to the service/recall work.

P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty
Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled.
There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor
Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection
Faulty or stuck open PCV valve
Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)
Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector
Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!)
Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor

Just now, Verbout said:

That's s busy list. 

sure is ... and after the recall work for the fuel gasket been done doesn't this strike you as being suspect after the works done... where is the seal?

24 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

sure is ... and after the recall work for the fuel gasket been done doesn't this strike you as being suspect after the works done... where is the seal?

Yep, I would be knocking on the dealers workshop shutter doors and handing them the keys, asking...

"Who worked on the car, don't let him near it thanks"...:lol:

50 minutes ago, acer54 said:

Did you use a Lexus dealership or an independent garage? 

He had recall work done, I presumed the dealer did it. :)

• 10 months later...

With ref to this hose that was the cause of your EML codes, do you know if it was this hose shown in this video ( At 2min 40 seconds) as it looks to be easily dislodged and this could go un-noticed once you have removed the engine cover!

paul m.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links