Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise control fitting

gokhan

Hi guys 

Just a heads up I have successfully fitted the cruise control stalk to my facelifted 2014 seems the procedure is same bar one BIG difference 

when taking out airbag the clips on left:

bottom clip needs to be pushed UP not Down !!!!

top clip is pushed Down

There's only 1 clip on right upper just need to be pushed UP

Airbag then pops out 

heres some pics 

haven't fully tested but it lights up ;) 

nearly had a heart attack when bottom left clip wouldn't let go thankfully no damage was done and I figured out what I did wrong 

hopefully this saves anyone making the same mistake 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

fit a stalk and you have cruise control, so why isnt CC fitted to all models i dont understand.

you buy a premium car brand surely CC should be expected as a standard feature.

Yes guys stalk with wiring and 2 screws is all what's needed

if you shine a bright light on dash you'll see the symbol is already there

very happy it's an option that can be sorted to be fair , agree that it should come standard in this day and age but hey such is life

criminal that Lexus Leicester wanted £350 to fit for a 20 min job

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, glynp01 said:

hi would this work on a 2011 ct200h as well please.

Yes, you would need to remove the side Right Hand Side (RHS) blanking cover swapped and buy the one with stalk hole from Lexus. off course you need the cruise control stalk as well 🙂 Else, you'd have big hole on the RHS of the steering wheel with stalk hanging out. 

image.thumb.png.aaa6be4d226db6299452081ea8e5698d.png

This modification goes back as far as 2004 with the Prius Gen2 then onto the Gen3, and the CT200H based on the Prius, but be aware that on some models "not all" the stop switch on the brake pedal also has to be changed so that when the brakes are applied the cruise is cancelled.
Obviously if cruise is not cancelled the engine will work as hard as it can to maintain speed when the brakes are applied.

John. 

but be aware that on some models "not all" the stop switch on the brake pedal also has to be changed so that when the brakes are applied the cruise is cancelled.

I might have been lucky but fitted quite a few CC sets on CT and it was never needed, also have not seen any reports of such cases on the net. Possibly it was only a Prius thing?

but be aware that on some models "not all" the stop switch on the brake pedal also has to be changed so that when the brakes are applied the cruise is cancelled.

I might have been lucky but fitted quite a few CC sets on CT and it was never needed, also have not seen any reports of such cases on the net. Possibly it was only a Prius thing?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links