Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do I recover a recessed switch?

I pressed this switch, and with a sharp click it recessed behind the wooden panel.

So, two questions:

1. How do I get to the back of the panel to put the switch back in to its correct position?
  2. Do I presume that I should glue it in to place, while I have the panel open, in order to prevent a recurrence?

A supplementary question: has this happened to anybody else?  The reason I ask is that if it is not an unusual situation, I will glue all three switches in to place while I am at it.

All replies will be much appreciated.

switch.jpg

Do I just gently lever it out with a screwdriver?  Do I get access from the pop-out panel to the left of this one?

Any guidance, much appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks Rudy.  I will give it a go on Monday, as we are going away for the weekend.

I am hoping that someone will come along who has dealt with this problem, and can advise on how to prevent it happening again.  For the moment I can only assume strong glue, and do the other switches while I am at it.

Thanks again.

18 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

A butter knife! Very Downton! Never use an oyster knife! (-:

Only an unsalted butter knife though :)

Yes, the salt would taint the varnish!

Have you noticed that Aldi/Lidl butter prices have gone up 10% and the UNsalted is now 10p more than salted!?

Somewhere on here there's a 'How to get the wood off' tutorial, because I follwed it on my Ser 4.

Wasn't too hard.

Thanks all.

Will implement the sound advice, once I am back home again.  

Just picked up a Mercedes SL350.  Keeping the Lexus, the SL will be just for fun.  What a day to collect it, warmest and sunniest day of the year, so far.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beejay55 said:

Thanks all.

Will implement the sound advice, once I am back home again.  

Just picked up a Mercedes SL350.  Keeping the Lexus, the SL will be just for fun.  What a day to collect it, warmest and sunniest day of the year, so far.

@Beejay55 This tool set has many uses and is inexpensive 👍IMG_0381.JPG.a4a260e6c16b18f0c5dcf228bd6eda8a.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1