andrewtayloruk

Does anyone have PW2550E002 (boot dog divider) fitted to their RX450h

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I've just picked up my car (there'll be a longer post coming once I've got a few issues rectified) and the dealer supplied and fitted the rear dog guard (PZ483K212000) and the dog divider (PW2550E002). The divider splits the boot in half so the dog can occupy one side and the luggage the other. It attaches to PZ483K212000 which is the RX450h Full Height Dog Guard.

You can see the divider in the image I've uploaded from Lexus.

I was wondering if anyone had this installed already and could give me some feedback, mine appears to be too high up the rear guard, as a result, when I go over any kind of bump in the road, it rattles on the bottom supporting post. The supporting post doesn't screw in at all, it's just sitting on top of it and loose in the 'hole'. There's an adjustment collar that moves up and down the thread, but, this doesn't attach to the divider at all.

I've tried moving the entire divider further down the rear guard, but,  at it's lowest point the brackets that fit to the rear guard can't be used due to the contour of the guard and the dividing bar.

Very hard to describe, but, anyone who has one of these should be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm not local to the supplying dealer or my preferred dealer and I'd like to get this resolved prior to the weekend when I need it for a camping trip. I've managed to find instructions for the rear dog guard on the tech portal, but, no fitting instructions for the divider which appears to be the issue.

Thanks

Andrew

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Could you 'phone the dealer for advice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could do but, as they fitted it with a supposed 3 hour labour cost, I'm reluctant to try and explain and get further help without them seeing it.

 

I was hoping that someone who has one would give a perspective but perhaps they're so frighteningly expensive that nobody bothered.

The rear guard is really nice but the divider is a really poor design.

Andrew 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, andrewtayloruk said:

I could do but, as they fitted it with a supposed 3 hour labour cost, I'm reluctant to try and explain and get further help without them seeing it.

 

I was hoping that someone who has one would give a perspective but perhaps they're so frighteningly expensive that nobody bothered.

The rear guard is really nice but the divider is a really poor design.

Andrew 

 

If i'd been charged for 3 hours labour, I would want it to be perfect.

Sounds like a call and a visit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If you bought the car from the dealer, that should be your first port of call.. they have to rectify it since they sold it to you.. you must take it back.

 

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/04/2017 at 1:45 PM, andrewtayloruk said:

I could do but, as they fitted it with a supposed 3 hour labour cost, I'm reluctant to try and explain and get further help without them seeing it.

 

I was hoping that someone who has one would give a perspective but perhaps they're so frighteningly expensive that nobody bothered.

The rear guard is really nice but the divider is a really poor design.

Andrew 

 

Are you sure the divider itself is for the 3rd Generation RX?

Ive never seen a genuine Lexus divider before on a 3RX and even the photo you've shown is of a 4th gen RX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2017 at 0:06 PM, andrewtayloruk said:

Hi,

I've just picked up my car (there'll be a longer post coming once I've got a few issues rectified) and the dealer supplied and fitted the rear dog guard (PZ483K212000) and the dog divider (PW2550E002). The divider splits the boot in half so the dog can occupy one side and the luggage the other. It attaches to PZ483K212000 which is the RX450h Full Height Dog Guard.

You can see the divider in the image I've uploaded from Lexus.

I was wondering if anyone had this installed already and could give me some feedback, mine appears to be too high up the rear guard, as a result, when I go over any kind of bump in the road, it rattles on the bottom supporting post. The supporting post doesn't screw in at all, it's just sitting on top of it and loose in the 'hole'. There's an adjustment collar that moves up and down the thread, but, this doesn't attach to the divider at all.

I've tried moving the entire divider further down the rear guard, but,  at it's lowest point the brackets that fit to the rear guard can't be used due to the contour of the guard and the dividing bar.

Very hard to describe, but, anyone who has one of these should be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm not local to the supplying dealer or my preferred dealer and I'd like to get this resolved prior to the weekend when I need it for a camping trip. I've managed to find instructions for the rear dog guard on the tech portal, but, no fitting instructions for the divider which appears to be the issue.

Thanks

Andrew

s-l1600.jpg

Hi Andrew,

I do have a Lexus RX dog guard   (GBNGA-4G146-05) for sale if you might be interested. I can provide photos and details should you wish to see or hear more! I have listed the item on eBay which you can see through this link:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX-Dog-Guard-/322484540428?hash=item4b1593940c%3Ag%3AySAAAOSwJ4hY8l8E&_trkparms=pageci%3A5e7a68e9-2209-11e7-8969-74dbd180f864%7Cparentrq%3A72dfebef15b0a60ce377c168fffc22fa%7Ciid%3A1

If you are interested please do not hesitate to contact me! 

 

Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2017 at 5:14 PM, rayaans said:

Are you sure the divider itself is for the 3rd Generation RX?

Ive never seen a genuine Lexus divider before on a 3RX and even the photo you've shown is of a 4th gen RX

 

Thanks for the reply; I think you may have hit the nail on the head. The only reference I can find to that part number is in fact for an RX450h 2015+ edition. I didn't notice the difference in the picture, but, I can see it now that you've called it out.

I'm not sure why the dealer didn't flag that, but, it would make sense as to why it doesn't fit correctly, it's not designed to go with part number  PZ483K212000 which is definitely for a series 3. It's installed too high up the rear divider.

I've managed to bodge an install by removing the supporting post, that was the cause of the rattle. I've zip-tied the divider at the bottom to give it a smidgin more support, although it's pretty solid without it. There's no annoying rattle any more.

It's going in to my local dealer on Saturday so I'll quiz them about it. They were added by the supplying dealer at my request to sweeten the deal for me. If I'd known that the divider was for the newer model, I would have been OK with it, as, the rear guard fits perfectly so I wouldn't want to have gone without that, and, you can't get a third-party divider which would install to the OE guard. I'm just pleased that there's a reason it doesn't fit together very well and it's not just a poor design by lexus.

It definitely wouldn't be protect the dog if the car rolled, but, then not much would other than something like a Trans K9 box and they take up too much room in an already small boot.

Thanks to everyone who replied, and, hopefully this thread will help any future Rx450h owner with queries about said accessories.

Andrew

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now