Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beat Sonic Double Din

Ordered this kit yesterday from Beat-Sonic, Japan. The current navigation/media setup is poor and I often end up using Google maps on my phone for navigation. I'm thinking this change will make the nav and multimedia top notch with...

Google maps, Android Auto/Apple Car Play, Voice control, Voice activated text messaging, DAB radio, Spotify/Amazon music, Full Steering wheel controls, youtube etc.

Screenshot_20170412-200918.thumb.png.15ae93961ca43c12c766ceddf94c120d.png

Screenshot_20170412-201032.thumb.png.7e5097ddc7620621dda089822bed59fb.png

The other offerings from Vaistech and Grom seem to have a number of bugs so decided against those.

Hoping the kit will arrive and will try to install next week. 👍 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Ordered this kit yesterday from Beat-Sonic, Japan. The current navigation/media setup is poor and I often end up using Google maps on my phone for navigation. I'm thinking this change will make the nav and multimedia top notch with...

Google maps, Android Auto/Apple Car Play, Voice control, Voice activated text messaging, DAB radio, Spotify/Amazon music, Full Steering wheel controls, youtube etc.

Screenshot_20170412-200918.thumb.png.15ae93961ca43c12c766ceddf94c120d.png

Screenshot_20170412-201032.thumb.png.7e5097ddc7620621dda089822bed59fb.png

The other offerings from Vaistech and Grom seem to have a number of bugs so decided against those.

Hoping the kit will arrive and will try to install next week. 👍 

If you don't mind me asking, was it dear??

No problem @Jgtcracer. £280 for the double din conversation, delivered from Japan. So far Beat-Sonic have been excellent. Then it depends on what features you want from the double din system. The apple Car Play/Android Auto units are £300+, otherwise systems without this feature are £150+. 

@emjay82 Mark There is a very real possibility that if you make this a fully functional reality that those of us with warranties on our cars will be very upset with you and you may get a phone call from our mate and you know what he will say 😂

IMG_2659.JPG.df23a5fa9a1d8f0d25937d8766f558d8.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes very much considered @Toothy as I have the Mk 1 Grom Bluetooth adapter but on the lexus US forums alot of bugs have/are being reported the the V-Line. This double din just replaces the bottom half of the oem unit. Not sure if the V-Line allows for apple Car Play and Android Auto, which is the way everything is heading, even more so with harsher penalties for using phone whilst driving. 

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

What this....😉....

"All men with honor are kings. But not all kings have honor... Honor is what no man can give you, and none can take away. Honor is a man's gift to himself." (Liam Neeson, Rob Roy).

9 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

What this....😉....

"All men with honor are kings. But not all kings have honor... Honor is what no man can give you, and none can take away. Honor is a man's gift to himself." (Liam Neeson, Rob Roy).

@emjay82 Strangley enough no that's not it, now let me think ah got it 🙁

IMG_2662.thumb.PNG.797bf17ea13ea2d00daab0744a00714b.PNG

Big Rat

• Like 2

On the warranty point 🐀,  as this is plug and play (probably a 30 minute switch over), I will keep the oem cd changer and swap back in the event navigation issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 In all seriousness Matey really hope it works out as it's an area that will vastly improve the enjoyment of the car 👍

Big Rat

Obviously better with the newer F's but even the GSF with its 6 x DVD player is still in the dark ages. This system in theory should eliminate the need to touch the phone whilst driving, convenient and safe! ☺ 

2 minutes ago, Beejay55 said:

Have you decided which Apple Car Play/Android Auto unit you are putting in?

Yep, went with the new kenwood, which has android auto and also DAB radio too. Liked the new Sony but didn't have DAB 

47 minutes ago, Beejay55 said:

Hi Mark

Which Kenwood model are you referring to?  Very interested in what you are doing.  I would love to bring my LS up to date.

Sent you a PM. Will review on here once the system is up and running. Not sure if Beat Sonic do the kit for other models. Crazy why Lexus still hasn't jumped on the Carplay/Android Auto wagon yet. 

• Like 1

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I first came across this last year but there was very limited information out there with it being so new at the time. Good luck and do report back to us. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing this one Mark, will the Kenwood still allow CD/DVD to be played and also provide pre-outs for an amp?

Brendan, I found Beat-Sonic very helpful. If you tell them what you want to achieve they will even sometimes make custom interface cables. I converted an SC430 to a double din Alpine unit despite there being no European version of the kit at the time using a US spec MVA 13L. It depends on what you would like to be able to do. The MVA 23L might be worth a look http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mva-23l.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

Looking forward to seeing this one Mark, will the Kenwood still allow CD/DVD to be played and also provide pre-outs for an amp?

Brendan, I found Beat-Sonic very helpful. If you tell them what you want to achieve they will even sometimes make custom interface cables. I converted an SC430 to a double din Alpine unit despite there being no European version of the kit at the time using a US spec MVA 13L. It depends on what you would like to be able to do. The MVA 23L might be worth a look http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mva-23l.htm

Other systems offered the cd drive but on reflection, all the cds I buy get automatically ripped to digital on amazon. I decided that the DAB was the more appealing extra feature as my FM is not great (frequent white noise) which annoys the hell out of me. There will still be options for an amp but the oem Mark Levison is plenty for me. I've been speaking to Hendrik at Beat Sonic, extremely helpful so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Other systems offered the cd drive but on reflection, all the cds I buy get automatically ripped to digital on amazon. I decided that the DAB was the more appealing extra feature as my FM is not great (frequent white noise) which annoys the hell out of me. There will still be options for an amp but the oem Mark Levison is plenty for me. I've been speaking to Hendrik at Beat Sonic, extremely helpful so far. 

Yes I wish I had approached Beat Sonic before I ordered mine, it would have saved time and effort and homework. I wonder why the FM is poor from the standard unit, it ought to be good? I still need to add a DAB tuner to the Alpine but the SC has excellent FM reception through its old fashioned aerial.

I think old age is much in evidence as although I like the convenience of stored music files, I still prefer CDs. Even my old battered ears can tell the difference. If Beat Sonic offered a turntable interface, I would probably have one built into the glove-box.:blush:

Brendan, the infectious enthusiasm of the ISF membership for their beloved rapid choice of chariot has not helped in my quest to add an LS460/600 to the fleet. If I can stop looking at Grey ISFs with a sunroof and concentrate more on the convenience of soft closing doors (and a rear seat fridge for the Guinness,) I may just get around to ripping a silver LS apart to add some sounds to it.....I mean why would you 'Blat' when one could 'waft' around Wales without disturbing the sheep? :cool:

Good luck Mark. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark.  The LS is certainly a joy to drive.  For me, it is perfect blend of wafting around in comfort, and being able to hurtle down the road when required - leaving many a boy-racer in its dust.  

Mid-Wales is certainly the place to be wafting, fantastic rolling hills, beautiful rivers and coastline.  Locally it is known as the Green Desert, because of the low population density, and it has the lowest crime rate in England and Wales.  Also, you are very unlikely to see a police patrol car out of the towns, allowing you to make 'good progress' when required.  

How's that for a Welsh Tourist Board promotion?  :wink3:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beejay55 said:

Thanks Mark.  The LS is certainly a joy to drive.  For me, it is perfect blend of wafting around in comfort, and being able to hurtle down the road when required - leaving many a boy-racer in its dust.  

Mid-Wales is certainly the place to be wafting, fantastic rolling hills, beautiful rivers and coastline.  Locally it is known as the Green Desert, because of the low population density, and it has the lowest crime rate in England and Wales.  Also, you are very unlikely to see a police patrol car out of the towns, allowing you to make 'good progress' when required.  

How's that for a Welsh Tourist Board promotion?  :wink3:

Bore da Brendan, yes like the sound of that. I might copy it to the caravan club as they were looking for ideas for next weekend. :wink3:

If the kit can be delivered and installed before the 'Blat' at least Mark will be able to play with the infotainment system whilst the ISF convoy is stuck behind pony trekkers, tractors and flocks of sheep.:biggrin:

Agree with your views on the LS, it can't be beaten for mile munching yet still has enough agility to thrill when required. The LS430 is brilliant so the hybrid/2UR powered LS600H must be 'something else.'

• Like 2

@Neil E Yes those 600's are rather imposing and have quite a presence.

Ive never had a large Mercedes or BMW but if I was in the market for this class of car it would be the Lexus, reliability is king.

The only picture I could find was this one sorry about the colour cough...... cough......

Big Rat

IMG_2663.JPG.ff3ac409f38378c80c47398aab576682.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links