Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a low mileage gs450h

Cervelo1812

Hi Guys,

I am about to purchase a 2008 gs450h with 30k verified miles on the clock. I am a little concerned about the lack of mileage and any adverse effects on the hybrid batteries... Is this something to be concerned about? The car Comes with an RAC check on it? Being from Ireland I'm not familiar with the RAC. Is it worth the paper it's written on?? is there any advice you guys could give in relation to viewing the car? Anyone taking the time to respond is Much appreciated. 

Regards

Gerry

Welcome to the forum.

Crumbs that's very low mileage for the year.

You say verified mileage, so the MOT history looks correct?

Any issues reported on the MOT's? Any advisories?

Does it have FDSH? If Lexus have serviced it annually, then the Hybrid system will have been checked too.

• Like 1

The Hybrid Battery will still be under guarantee till the cars 10th birthday if you have a small service at a Lexus or Toyota agents or pay a fee of about £50 for a hybrid health check.

This check is free with any service, and extends the guarantee for 10,000 miles or one year. If you do a lot of miles you can do this as many times as you wish up till the ten year limit. This could mean the car is guaranteed well into it's 11th year.

I would not be worried about the Battery as it is Battery cycles "the number of charges and discharges" that is the main limiting factor in the Battery life.

John.

• Like 1