Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CV joints gone

Noticed some slight juddering on full lock at parking speeds recently. Took a look and saw some green gunk seeping out of the CV joint on the driver's side. Car has just passed 100K miles, 55 plate.

Going in tomorrow for the Lexus dealership to have a look as still have 6 months or so remaining on the extended warranty.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet, and if so how much it cost to replace the CV joints. The service manager was very non-committal about whether they thought this would be covered under the warranty.

from reading various posts here from time to time I get the impression that Lexus consider 100k miles to be about the life of most components and " fair wear and tear " precludes warranty claims  .....  they take your money and run !:w00t:

Good luck with the warranty claim, hope your dealer that sold you the warranty gives you great support with this.

Malc

10 minutes ago, Malc said:

from reading various posts here from time to time I get the impression that Lexus consider 100k miles to be about the life of most components and " fair wear and tear " precludes warranty claims  .....  they take your money and run !:w00t:

Good luck with the warranty claim, hope your dealer that sold you the warranty gives you great support with this.

Malc

Thank you. Last time I had to get a national car magazine to help persuade Lexus to approve a warranty claim!

Most likely a wear and tear issue on a car with 100k+ and 11 years old. 

Most common cause of CV joint failure is tearing of the rubber housing. Because it was caused by a rubber component which naturally wears over time, it'll be classed as wear and tear I reckon

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it turned out it was the offside inner CV joint rubber seal that had gone. Got it fixed under the Lexus warranty, which was good.

The cost at the main dealer would have been £206 to replace the rubber boot and clip if I was going to pay for it myself.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links