Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust trim

dm575

Original tail pipe trims were corroded and tatty and then one fell off ! Bought a couple of universal trims from eBay or avail on amazon search 44-73MM and a number of 364-A.

Had to cut the flared end off with an angle grinder then clamped these onto the pipe from the muffler. I think they look pretty damn good :)

IMG_20170415_165003.jpg

• Like 2

Nice job, they look very smart. The original chrome tails do seem to be a weak point on the SC and Lexus quoted me about £80 each if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

These were £10 each, more like it :) Time will tell if the finish survives.

I have a spare original if anyone wants it before it goes in the bin.

• Like 1

On a roll this weekend. Replaced Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 for error P0135 and disabled the TPMS system by removing the plugs ( from the tutorial on here ). It does literally take a few minutes the O2 sensor on the other hand !!!!

The lambda sensor is not a bad job with the correct socket and as you say TMPS is easy to get to as the trim all pulls out by hand , I had two or three goes shorting out the connections to get the light out ,been ok for for 10months so far ......and the TMPS system not an not Mot requirement only after 2012 :smile:

• Like 2

As an after-market TPMS for peace of mind, these are quite good and plug straight into the 12volt socket. The sensors fit onto the wheels as locking valves.

84101.jpg.60a90733ea041f493a6a18de8251618a.jpgWP_20160911_004v1.jpg.e3dfe025518a8079bcddf316ec99255f.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

P0155 popped up the other day so looks like I'll be changing the Bank 2 pre cat O2 soon. I understand its a bit harder to get at than Bank 1.
Part ordered, I'll update when done....

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2018 at 11:45 AM, dm575 said:

P0155 popped up the other day so looks like I'll be changing the Bank 2 pre cat O2 soon. I understand its a bit harder to get at than Bank 1.
Part ordered, I'll update when done....

As its warmed up a bit and the MOT is due I finally got round to changing it. Getting to the sensor is no problem the connectot however !!!!. Got there in the end.
Fingers crossed for the MOT 🙂