Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am getting wind noise through drivers door and there seems to be wind noise coming from centre top of dash i thought it was from centre dash vent but i dont think it is as if i close it it is still there its driving me scatty

is there a cure or can it be adjusted some way

TIA

Robert

All sounds strange, the gs450 has very little in the way of wind noise, certainly not unless your doing over 100mph and even then it's quite minimal, so I'm  told...lol

through the door sounds like a poor seal somewhere, maybe around the window. Perhaps check that none of your seals have come away or been damaged. Also check door lines are good and no signs of previous accident damage etc.

as for top of dash, again, has windscreen been changed recently, These are bonded in but if for some reason the glue missed a spot I suppose it's possible for some wind noise. Maybe check wipers are down properly when in their parked position.

this is all speculation but as mentioned, wind noise on m car is very low and I have never felt it to be intrusive. 

Carl

Hi Carl

Thanks for reply I think you may be correct I had been to Hull and was on way back when i noticed it I was tramping on a bit and it was very windy as i recall and also i put some new blades on last week and they are not fully down i didnt realise that could cause noise but even the wife said are they the right blades they look different.

It was just the motorway journey that i noticed it I cant hear noise on the B roads so you may well be correct

Thanks

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

update on the wind noise

After a lot of digging round ( thanks to Britprius on another topic) i found the following

The scuttle were the wiper shafts comes through is a bit loose in asmuch as i can move it laterely about 1/4 of inch either way and the rubber seal just left of pass wiper shaft is raised above screen, on both sides of the screen  the side moulding that runs from boot over roof down screen to wing at the bottom can also be moved as though a clip is not fitted or broke (Ive read somewhere that the clips are one use only) its same on both sides and also there is a clip hole at back of inverter that is missing its only small half inch long by eighth high the screen looks perfect no distortion but doesnt say Lexus on it it says Solarlux and some foreign writing And ShatterPrufe (thats how its spelt)

So i suspect its had a screen in before i bought it my question is

Can i get the clips and can it be reinstalled (Scuttle and side mouldings) without taking out the screen as it dosent look like its a Cheapo one also the auto wipers are not as sensitive as i would have hoped i have heard something about a gel pad .

And as i said before around the b roads etc there is no wind intrusion but if i get upto around 70/80 i can start to hear it my previous gs300 was whisper quiet wind wise

TIA

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the wind noise

I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer' as it was getting worse maybe from me pushing and shoving on the scuttle this is what they found

The forward scuttle clips (that are hidden) all broken the clips that fit under the screen to lock the seal either broken or not installed correct making the gap between seal and glass ineffective and causing squeek.

the bottom clip of the body window moulding broke as it is a once only fit ( said it may have been siliconed in position) but is loose that needs replacing both sides

The wing /bonnet seal not clipped in correctly both sides

The wiper malfunction is either No Tape on screen or gel pad not fitted correctly

I am taking it in on monday to have it sorted but scuttle is £220 (gulp) plus other bits but said they were minimal plus the labour

Whoever put the screeen in surely didnt know how to fit the Screen it is called Shatterprufe a South African firm but by all accounts are suppose to be good quality But....... was fitted by Auto wind***********

Awww well Lexus motoring

Robert

• Like 1

On the positive side at least they found actual problems as so often you take he car in and the dealer can't duplicate the fault and can't fix it. 

Further update

Got scuttle done finally after a discussion with fitter and service manager they looked like they were stumped anyway the fitted it and squuek and wind noise gone i was a bit miffed how they did it but its done

The Gel pad for the rain sensor had them stumped another fitter went past and he said have you fitted one of these yes said he and did it went out thought as it was drizzling rain very sensetive good thought i.

rained all way home so wipers on  got up next day stalk still on auto wipers wiped 3 times then once every 6 secs even tho it was not raining i turned the senor right down it then went to every 25 seconds it seems it as somehow changed to the intermittent wipe  like on the  base models can they be reprogrammed to work or has a fault occurred mind i am ringing dealer this morning

Robert

Carl911 pm sent

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links