Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leuxs, finally it's mine......

So after years of want a 430 I finally have one.  I collected the car Friday lunchtime and drove down to Sennen, setting off early Saturday morning from Sheffield.

The car is as I expected, wonderful.  The pictures can't do it justice and as Paul said when he posted pics of his car, you've seen it already.  My car really is in fantastic condition and it was superbly detailed to a very high standard.  The drive down was supremely comfortable and relaxing.  I felt king of the road!

I never took the car over 80 and when I refilled at Hopwood services it was still a further 275 miles to Sennen and from there I averaged about 31.8mpg, my Espace never managed more than 37 so I'm very happy with that.  Again I realise you all know this, but the smoothness, combined with the subtle but effective power is astounding.  Of course cream leather with the kids is not the best option, but as one of the pics shows I have done my best to protect the car, however I will at some point buy a rear seat protector.  I don't think the rear seats have hardly been sat in and fitting the isofix seat was a real struggle.

Despite the car's weight and size I think it handles well for what it is.  Today we drove to Penzance via Lamorna and Mousehole and it was such a lovely thing to steer, like a yacht drifting along the narrow lanes.  

The few times I've stepped on the loud pedal it has astounded me..... my decision not to go down the A8, 7 and S route has been justified in these last two days.

Engine, ride and rarity apart my favourite thing has been the stereo.  Talking Heads have never sounded so good.

So glad to be part of the forum!!!

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

• Like 7

Yes Paul they did.  The car was as they said it would be when I arrived to see it (which was not washed etc as only just come in) but still in very good shape and upon collection a ten out or ten.  The detailer, Desmond had done a superb job and i can't believe it's nearly 11 years old.  More or less like a new car.  As i mentioned my photos don't do it justice.  I read the comments about the dealer and noticed you'd left one and I'd guessed it was you!

• Like 1

you're probably kicking yourself for leaving it so long to buy a Ls .................  all those years you've not driven the best :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1

Amazing car! Looks fantastic! It's great to see these on the road :)

Slight off-topic...the DVD screens. These are the NextBase ones? Correct? I'm on the look out for some so would be great to hear how you (or kids ;) have got on with them please..

Cheers,

Noman

Looks GREAT!

( Get that air con checked - ready for the Summer ! )

Happy days.

PS. The Rear Screens look good too - what make are they? Nextbase?

59 minutes ago, Normski said:

Amazing car! Looks fantastic! It's great to see these on the road :)

Slight off-topic...the DVD screens. These are the NextBase ones? Correct? I'm on the look out for some so would be great to hear how you (or kids ;) have got on with them please..

Cheers,

Noman

If they are the Nextbase, we bought some last year for a road trip to Hungary.  

Worked an absolute treat (with Lexus Club discount from Halfords too).  Then one broke coming back, shortly after getting off the tunnel in the UK, Halfords swapped out (keep your receipt), shortly after the other went (again replaced)

They do have them on offer in sales so worth looking out for that double discount.   

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

Piers

All the LS range from inception to present day have been rear wheel drive.

I thought you could get AWD versions of the LS (and GS) in the US?

I remember some forum stuff here about a very rare,  in the UK,   AWD  Ls460  .....  mentioned at the time I got my Honda Legend AWD about August 2016

Malc

Just to clarify my statement regarding Rear wheel drive I was simply pointing out that the LS range are rear wheel drive as opposed to front wheel drive and back on launch day in 1989 the LS400 was the only version of drive you could buy which was rear wheel drive.  To my knowledge the standard LS as only got that configuration ,there may be specials 4X4 but I don't think they are available in the UK.

8 hours ago, Malc said:

you're probably kicking yourself for leaving it so long to buy a Ls .................  all those years you've not driven the best :yahoo:

Malc

Too right!