Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Version

Hi folks, i took delivery of my Mesa Red IS300h Advance today - not new but registered Sep2016.

i was wondering how i can tell which SatNav system i have as i want to check if the maps are the latest available.

Many Thanks 

Thanks, yes i know it's standard not premium but when i visited the lexus navigation page there are 2 versions - 13CY and 15CY - i wanted to know how to tell them apart.

6 hours ago, davidj241 said:

Thanks, yes i know it's standard not premium but when i visited the lexus navigation page there are 2 versions - 13CY and 15CY - i wanted to know how to tell them apart.

Doesn't really matter because only the dealer can do it anyway

Best to ask them 

• 4 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 6:39 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

ImageUploadedByLexus OC1493141895.177707.jpg

This is all I can find for my software version. It's an August 2015 car and has never been updated

Settings. Navigation. Map data.

Covered area shows Germany!

That is GEN8 / 13CY Lexus , uses USB update and activation code

15CY is GEN9, different maps and uses micro SD to update with activation code

www.thesatnavshop.com has 13CY 2017 update

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

Has anyone successfully used these from satnavmapupdate on a NON-Premium sat-nav - i.e. the one with rotary dial that says can only be updated by a dealer (I have a 2014 IS300h Executive)

+1 - I'd like to know the answer to this question also.

And - an additional query. As per my introductory thread (here), I'd like to know if this also updates the software version? My details:

• I have "Lexus Navigation 13CY"
  • My Map version is "02-34-02 (2013-10-2)"
  • My software version is "VC18100A"
  • Latest versions of the above are "02-37-51" and "VC18101B" respectively

35 minutes ago, route66 said:

+1 - I'd like to know the answer to this question also.

And - an additional query. As per my introductory thread (here), I'd like to know if this also updates the software version? My details:

• I have "Lexus Navigation 13CY"
  • My Map version is "02-34-02 (2013-10-2)"
  • My software version is "VC18100A"
  • Latest versions of the above are "02-37-51" and "VC18101B" respectively

Mine is "Lexus Navigation 13CY" and Map version "02-34-03 (2014-01-3)"

• 5 years later...

Hi, 

Can we find a 13CY or 15CY version somewhere? I think only the menu type is different. 13CY has boxes on the menu. 15CY menu without squares in icons. I am now updating my navigator and having many problems.

As I understand there's a slight difference in the appearance of the menu between Gen8 and Gen9 (as you stated yourself: the Gen8 does have these squares), but I assume the navigation maps for Gen8 and Gen9 are the same.

No, I ordered IS300h update 13cy/15cy. You can get both types of data. I'm still using 15cy because ToyotaMaps has my display type without icon boxes as 15cy and 13cy is with icon boxes . Look at this 15cy Yes I have problems with update. Update program is not reading USB or it's in a endless loop. Only 2 min. left of 100min and it stops. Restarting is not possible.

So when you hit the Start button, the navigation screen pops up and the update continues with a "2 minutes left" message, and that's it? The update doesn't continue from there?

It might help to copy the files to a new (FAT32) formatted USB stick and try to see if the update continues with this new USB stick. I also updated my IS300h with the Gen9 update and it installed correctly. So I suspect a faulty USB stick...

I have new information from ToyotaMaps that my old version map data is 13cy. My system display is like in 15cy. Old data has been installed by Lexus official service and maybe there is something done not correctly. System can't find USB when it says but USB back and update will restart. Audio system takes USB control and update will wait USB forever. I think that is a serious software bug by Lexus. Software has not been tested in every possible state.

Probably being overly cheeky here but is anyone able to share the latest 13CY update (e.g. on a Google Drive link)? Appreciate that sharing an activation code could be a bit of a copyright grey area (hence not asking for) but any non-Lexus resellers will basically be buying one code and reselling to multiple individuals to recoup their costs + a profit. As below, if the whole business can go on holiday, suggests just one individual is potentially running things. 🤔

Screenshot_20230313_201653_Chrome.jpg