Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 10 years - Time to leave the Lexus fold

TigerFish

Well, after 10 years of great Lexus ownership, its time to move on. Having had a Gen 1 GS300 Sport, then a Gen 2 GS300 Sport, and for the last six years a Gen 2 GS430 Sport, the itch of something else finally caught up with me. On Saturday, the trusty GS gets chopped in on a 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG. Didn't get a tremendous amount for the GS, but enough to not want the hassle of selling it separately. I'm sure it will appear for sale shortly after, and will still have the anthracite Gen 1 Sport wheels with the wider rears. It will also mean I'll be having a clear out of the garage with whatever I have out there for the Lex.

Who knows, I might be back at some point, as I know I will miss the 430. Awesome car for very little money. I will continue to frequent the forum, as I'd still like to help fellow owners where possible.

Good luck to all the present and future Lexus owners. Happy motoring :cool:

• Like 1

Wow, that is quite a change :smile:

Don't worry, we allow strays back on here after they have learned the error in their ways. :tongue::smile:

Seriously though, I hope all goes well for your with the Mercedes.

I know this is a Lexus forum, but I for one, would like to hear how you get on with the CLS?

You know, a couple of pictures when you pick it up perhaps, any issues/running costs associated (I am dying to know what your MPG will be :smile:), and some general impressions what's it like to live with.

Although I wish you well , I think you will soon be back barking at the door of Lexus because my uncle has had a Mercedes for the last 10 years and always suffers with crippling electronic and gearbox problems.

Also with the recent excellent Lexus sports sports models such as the RC and the LC 500 there's no real need to stray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Wow, that is quite a change :smile:

Don't worry, we allow strays back on here after they have learned the error in their ways. :tongue::smile:

Seriously though, I hope all goes well for your with the Mercedes.

I know this is a Lexus forum, but I for one, would like to hear how you get on with the CLS?

You know, a couple of pictures when you pick it up perhaps, any issues/running costs associated (I am dying to know what your MPG will be :smile:), and some general impressions what's it like to live with.

Yeah, no problem updating on how the CLS pans out.  Garage confirmed car will be ready for the weekend :biggrin:

22 hours ago, Farqui said:

10 years of GS ownership is impressive, over which time you've enjoyed a pampered ride ;)

Good luck with the AMG, it sounds quite a beastie.

The gen 1 gave me a few issues, notably head gasket and rear crank seal. Can't fault either Gen 2's for reliability. The 430 wins hands down over the 300 for fun factor though 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ISJason said:

Although I wish you well , I think you will soon be back barking at the door of Lexus because my uncle has had a Mercedes for the last 10 years and always suffers with crippling electronic and gearbox problems.

Also with the recent excellent Lexus sports sports models such as the RC and the LC 500 there's no real need to stray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes, an itch just needs to be scratched :laugh:

No doubting some of the performance Lexus models, but most are way over my price range. If a GSF was in my range, I'd go for it in the Lexus stable, but sadly that's not the case. The AMG CLS owners seem to love the cars, so I'm hoping it'll grab me like the GS models have :cool:

• Like 1

After 10yrs with Lexus you will find the AMG a very different animal. I absolutely loved my CLS55, what a brute of a car! "A thug in a silk dressing gown" as Clarkson called it.

Do let us know how you get on, first impressions and all .....

After 10yrs with Lexus you will find the AMG a very different animal. I absolutely loved my CLS55, what a brute of a car! "A thug in a silk dressing gown" as Clarkson called it.

Do let us know how you get on, first impressions and all .....

Will update with how I find it.

Why did you move on from the CLS55?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

7 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

Why did you move on from the CLS55?

It was a itch that had to be scratched ... Always wanted a V8 and being supercharged was a bonus. :wink3:

Just wanted something different and the RC is certainly that! Could have gone with the RC-F but been there done that V8 thing, so chose the hybrid and am loving it :yes:

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

It was a itch that had to be scratched ... Always wanted a V8 and being supercharged was a bonus. :wink3:

Just wanted something different and the RC is certainly that! Could have gone with the RC-F but been there done that V8 thing, so chose the hybrid and am loving it :yes:

haha, that'll be itch I've got then :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

hi I would check on honest john regards warranty claims and electric gremlings my nephew ,bough one [big works bonus] had it for 2 years . It was in garage 7months twice called me to pick him up[ RX450h] he now runs GS, that's why I changed after driving his GS . any way good luck with car hope you have deeper pockets than with the Lexus  .ps pick up was when he broke down ?