Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC Centre Console Pads on IS

Interesting thought.  The leather bolsters flanking the RC console do look and feel nice, but I dread to think of the cost of what, on the

face of it, certainly appears to be a feasible operation for the IS - unless you can find an RC owner willing to swap sets.

2016-Lexus-IS-200t-Interior-017.jpg

14-09-04-lexus-rc-seating.jpg

Looking at the pictures above, it does look like its possible. 

However, having said that, I doubt any owners have done it and frankly, I dont think there's any real point whatsoever.

Its probably best to get the pieces from a broker if you can find them as I don't doubt for a second that Lexus will charge less than £500 each for these

The main thing I would be worried about is the clearance between the remote touch interface on the IS and the leather knee pads as they look thicker.

The facelifted IS now has a revised centre console that brings bolstered padding as standard, but not all the way down as it does in the RC. The facelift also address the 'stuck on top' nature of the audio and HVAC panel thanks to the alignment of the new bolsters.

3 minutes ago, TechyD said:

The facelifted IS now has a revised centre console that brings bolstered padding as standard, but not all the way down as it does in the RC. The facelift also address the 'stuck on top' nature of the audio and HVAC panel thanks to the alignment of the new bolsters.

Yes but those wouldn't fit the pre-facelift IS as the centre console is marginally narrower so a new centre piece would be required. 

When I drove the facelift IS, the padding was thicker and more spongy but the padding in the pre-facelift is perfectly adequate unless you rest your knee on it for extended periods of time (which isnt what its there for)

On 27/04/2017 at 9:52 PM, Steve44 said:

Surely be easier and cheaper to get an upholstery company to cover the existing side pieces in suitable covering?

Good idea provided the retaining clips are long enough to keep them secured to the console.

• 3 weeks later...