Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing lights

Had my new IS300h for a month now and loving it, I do have a niggle though, my other half noticed that the o/s reversing light wasn't working, so I checked and yep not on so I looked at the clips to see if I could check the bulb but they seem odd so rather than break one I phoned the dealer to book it in, 'no point' said the dealer 'there is only a n/s reversing light, the o/s is a dummy'

not very good on a quality car methinks, do any of the other models have both ? If so I'll buy the other one and fit it myself 😳

10 minutes ago, Morepower said:

Had my new IS300h for a month now and loving it, I do have a niggle though, my other half noticed that the o/s reversing light wasn't working, so I checked and yep not on so I looked at the clips to see if I could check the bulb but they seem odd so rather than break one I phoned the dealer to book it in, 'no point' said the dealer 'there is only a n/s reversing light, the o/s is a dummy'

not very good on a quality car methinks, do any of the other models have both ? If so I'll buy the other one and fit it myself 😳

I have removed the duplicated posts. Could you please only hit the submit button once other wise it just keeps counting how many times you have hit the button and duplicates.

Thanks.

I'm not sure Graham, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the offside lens is for the rear fog lamp.  It shines red, despite the clear lens.  Maybe I'm wrong, just something from back of my mind.  I left the other crap there and just reported this pearl of wisdom :smile:

1 hour ago, Morepower said:

Only 1 reversing light on the IS and GS

The other one is a fog light. It's clear but the LEDs light up red 

Don't see why this is a big issue, you can't see the reversing light when you're sat in the car

Remember, this is a Lexus so it'll tell you if an exterior bulb is out

13 hours ago, Morepower said:

Yes this is the most ridiculous idea ever having only one reversing light, especially in such a car as the Lexus. I've had problems on a few occasions when out in the sticks and having to reverse in a very narrow lane on a stormy night.  You can't see a bloomin thing!

I'm almost certain that someone on here has done a modification to convert the rear fog light into a reversing light and then replaced the reflectors with rear fogs.  it's then a simple job of fixing a couple of reflectors. 

I will see if I can find the thread.

Don't know what my last car had, but my Saabs only had one rear fog light, but had a space for a second, I didn't bother on my first but I did on my second as I had a spare bulb. You had to break a plastic tab out to fit a bulb, the tab probably to show you that it doesn't have one fitted as standard.

If I remember correctly, they did have 2 reversing lights, for symmetry.

Most cars I would assume have only one fog and one reversing light to save costs.

This may be the case for Lexus too, but the sleek lines do give rise to quite small and sleek lighting clusters.

Vince

3 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

I've had problems on a few occasions when out in the sticks and having to reverse in a very narrow lane on a stormy night.  

You need to try dumping the bodies in a more residential area :whistling1:

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 10:54 AM, bluenose1940 said:

Yes this is the most ridiculous idea ever having only one reversing light, especially in such a car as the Lexus. I've had problems on a few occasions when out in the sticks and having to reverse in a very narrow lane on a stormy night.  You can't see a bloomin thing!

I'm almost certain that someone on here has done a modification to convert the rear fog light into a reversing light and then replaced the reflectors with rear fogs.  it's then a simple job of fixing a couple of reflectors. 

I will see if I can find the thread.

Try doing that without a reversing camera and 2 reversing lights - won't be much difference at all

On 28/04/2017 at 11:20 AM, PaulWhitt20 said:

I though most modern cars only have one reversing light and one fog light. What cars have two?

Every car I've ever had (although I must admit that my most 'modern' one is my 05-plated RX300) has had two reversing lights.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, PaulWhitt20 said:

I though most modern cars only have one reversing light and one fog light. What cars have two?

RX for one.

I am not sure the number is relevant providing the light is bright enough. The IS one LED light is certainly at least as bright as the RX's two non-LED, at least in my opinion.

On the other hand, our lowly Peugeot 208 has two reversing lights, rear parking sensors AND an excellent rear camera!

• 1 year later...

i have a Lexus is 300H Luxury 2014 the sat navigation screen all of a sudden has gone blank and the reversing camera and both the front and back parking sensors are not working the phone is ok and the radio has anyone come up with this problem and can help me please Sam

Edited by sammeesal4tore
written twice