Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mark 2 Sport Suspension

NickF

HI Pro Lex,

I do a lot of miles in the car, and I didnt want to go for the full coil over option, i did how ever want to keep the ride, and reduce the roll.

I did look at the Tein CS spec, but I believe that these are discontinued, I have another Jap car for going quick in.

What do you think to the TRD Dampers and Springs, do you have the spring rate specs for the TRD Ariso springs?

Please can you PM me a price for the ARB's and the Bushes, and the TRD Dampers and springs.

I have also been looking at the Toms Parts from a US website

Any one else have expriance of the TRD Dampers ?

TRhanks

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nigel, Yes I am using the TRD Sportivo suspension kit (changed from KYB) on my Aristo with the TRD antiroll bars and TRD strut tower bar. The ride is not much different than stocks but the roll has reduced, like everyone says installing TRD antiroll bars is well recommended. Also addition of a strut tower bar reduces the roll even further. Never used Tein so I cannot compare, as for Toms alot more expensive than TRD because they use N2 coilover setup I believe.

HI Pro Lex,

I do a lot of miles in the car, and I didnt want to go for the full coil over option, i did how ever want to keep the ride, and reduce the roll.

I did look at the Tein CS spec, but I believe that these are discontinued, I have another Jap car for going quick in.

What do you think to the TRD Dampers and Springs, do you have the spring rate specs for the TRD Ariso springs?

Please can you PM me a price for the ARB's and the Bushes, and the TRD Dampers and springs.

I have also been looking at the Toms Parts from a US website

Any one else have expriance of the TRD Dampers ?

TRhanks

Nigel

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have A GS300 Mk 2 with similar knocking at low speed over bumps. Also I have just had new brakes discs and pads, so it could be the calliper sliding pin wear problem, however the noise sounds more like something loose in suspension. I will check both bushes and brake sliding pins. Can these be checked without dismantling anything?

It is a little disappointing that the 'silent' ride effect is spoiled under these driving conditions.

I had simular noises from my sport,traced mine to the brake pins and spring clips on the rear brakes,like some-one said earlyer in this thred.its well worth changing them as its only a few pound,and easy to do.If the noise is still there i would use w.d.40 or other spray lub on the bushes,do each one in turn(give a good spray)wait a few days and see if the noise stops(sometimes takes a few days for the lub to work its way in).the good thing with w.d.40 is after a week or two it wears of,so no lasting damage can be done to bushes/moving parts.Keep working your way through each one till the noise stops,then change that part.Like i said w.d.40 wears off,so when the noise goes dont think you have fixed it,it will come back.

• 7 years later...

Like many on this forum I have a slight knock on poor roads in my GS (2003 300 sport). Replaced shox, discs, pads etc. My mechanic can find no wear on bushes, ball joints etc. Had a 190 merc some years back similar annoying knock. Replaced everything at great expense no solution. Turns out that it was the engine mounts were a bit worn, so it might be worth checking out engine transmission mounts on the Lexus. By the way I've had a long line (25 odd years) of Mercs, still have a 190e and a classic 350 slc but as a recent convert to the Lexi, I'm hooked.

• 2 months later...

Yay , just replaced the front centre anti-roll bar bushes and not a thump or grumble to be heard. Success.

Only problem now is I've got P0135 & P0141 fault codes (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 / 2), groan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links