Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is220d MPG

acer54

Just used my first full tank and refilled then worked out mpg, a disappointing 30 mpg!

To be fair nearly all the journeys have been small and around the town etc. Is this the normal mpg that everybody else is experiencing around the town?

EGR cleaned recently and engine behaving normally, I do tend to keep the rev's high to keep the DPF happy etc.   

That sounds about right. I only used to get around 30mpg around town and about 38 mpg on a steady motorway run.

Very disappointing for a deisel 😔 

I actually get slightly better with my is250 which as you know is a 2.5 litre V6 petrol. 

I am afraid, as Rebecca has pointed out, it is about right.

It is a big, heavy car, so it was never going to do well around town.  Having said that, I would have thought 30-35mpg should have been feasible when they designed it.

Also, like all cars, if you are doing only very short journeys then the mpg will suffer because of the extra fuel that is burnt before the engine is up to temperature.  Unfortunately, you can no longer control that with the choke, like you could in the good old days. :smile:

19 hours ago, Rebecca said:

That sounds about right. I only used to get around 30mpg around town and about 38 mpg on a steady motorway run.

Very disappointing for a deisel 😔 

I actually get slightly better with my is250 which as you know is a 2.5 litre V6 petrol. 

The longer I own the is220d the more a realise the is250 was and is a better proposition, however I love the is220d and will keep it until the extended warranty expires in 2019 and then look for an is250 to replace it. 

15 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I am afraid, as Rebecca has pointed out, it is about right.

It is a big, heavy car, so it was never going to do well around town.  Having said that, I would have thought 30-35mpg should have been feasible when they designed it.

Also, like all cars, if you are doing only very short journeys then the mpg will suffer because of the extra fuel that is burnt before the engine is up to temperature.  Unfortunately, you can no longer control that with the choke, like you could in the good old days. :smile:

I love the is220d and since the egr clean it's a completely different car, I can even use 6th at 80 mph on the motorway and accelerate smoothly without the juddering and reluctance as it was before the egr was cleaned, I will keep it until the extended warranty expires in 2019 and then look at the is250. 

Sounds like a good plan, especially if your mileage is going to drop.

On a related note, I filled my car up today and worked out I had managed 39mpg on my last tank.  That is mixture of A roads and motorway.  The difference is that I took it a little easier this time, so nearer 70mph than 80.

My car can manage 80mph in 6th quite easily, but I tend to keep it in 5th at 70ish, which helps the DPF get nice and hot since it is around 2200rpm.

I get low to high 40's depending on the mix.  A few mid 50's even, when driving like a saint. Avg 47mpg over 70K and 7years with 118 fill ups.  MFA indicates 48mpg as I have a EcoTune tuning box - indicates 44mpg without (less than actual!).

I cruise in 6th when the dials turn orange to warn me I'm speeding (indicated 75mph, actual 70mph).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links