Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know this is a well worn topic for us with pre 60 plate Lexus.. the dreaded dashboard clips which when worn create the rattle which is very annoying.

I confirmed with Lexus Ipswich that replacing the clips and adding some more sound deadening can be done for the cost of an hours labour if done at the same time as the airbag recall. This is much better than the £500 to £700 quoted.

All we need is the recall to start!

Sounds like a good deal, but from what I have heard, it is not happening any time soon?

Perhaps someone can comment if they know more?

I have pushed some foam strips in between the dash and windscreen and this has completely cured my dashboard rattle! 

The only problem now is that I am now far more aware of the rattles and creakes from the door seals and pillars :(

I asked about the various DIY approaches and the technicians answer was ,'but do you want to pack the back of your dash with flammable stuff' to!lowed by 'but it doesn't fix the problem" But they would say that.

To be fair they are going to try claiming on the Extended Warranty. I've read the policy and I think it's unlikely that one will work.

For door seal noises, I use the Gummi Pledge stuff. Works brilliantly but needs redoing every six months, particularly in dry weather.

Enjoy your weekends

• 7 months later...
On 06/05/2017 at 12:58 PM, djkenn said:

I know this is a well worn topic for us with pre 60 plate Lexus.. the dreaded dashboard clips which when worn create the rattle which is very annoying.

I confirmed with Lexus Ipswich that replacing the clips and adding some more sound deadening can be done for the cost of an hours labour if done at the same time as the airbag recall. This is much better than the £500 to £700 quoted.

All we need is the recall to start!

I asked the Lexus dealer to change the clips while changing the airbag. 

Initially they claimed the service receptionist said didn't know about the creaking dash issue then after speaking to the workshop manager said they didn't know which clips would need changing. I said I'd happily pay for them to order in all of the clips if they were £25 quid or so and change them all as they did the airbag.

After more consultation they said that to order all of the clips would be expensive as some were £5 each! But said they'd look into it further.

I got a call back a week or so later to say that they had identified the clips and were happy to change them if I paid for them. Asked how much. Bizarrely £25! I agreed.

I took the car in for for the airbag on 27th December  and some 500 miles later the dash has been silent.

Well worth £25!