Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello fellow Lexus fans. I picked up a '01 GS430 earlier this year and have fallen in love. It's like driving a kingsize bed to work everyday.

I have a slight issue with the Lexus locking wheel nut adapter being broken. it has 3 pins inside and 2 of them are broken so sooner or later I assume they'll simply snap.

Can I get a new adapter or easier to get  a new set of wheel nuts?

Is a new set of wheel nuts is easier can anyone recommend a set..I don't want to get the wrong size/fitment. My wheels are standard.

Thanks in advance

I have an '00 430 and like you had issues with the locking nuts. I had them removed by my local tyre guys and replaced them with "ordinary" nuts. After all, who is going to bother nicking the wheels....?

• Like 1

I had a similar problem. See my post Locking wheel nuts thead at 

Replacement keys cost £16.97 from EVO and service is quick. I my case the replacement key was rendered unusable removing the wheels fitted (with impact wrench?) by a Lexus main dealer a week before. I bought a set of used Toyota nuts with a more robust looking key for £8 on eBay. In the thread above BritPrius refers to a Hyundi set which also do the job and look good too which the real Lexus ones don't. The seat of the 450 nuts is flat. I assume 430 will be the same. Lots of nut sets on eBay have tapered seats and i believe these should not be used on our wheels.

Do nuts up with a torque wrench to 100Nm (75ftlbs) and you stand a good chance of being able to get them off with the supplied wheel nut spanner when you get a puncture.

John

• Like 2

On 08/05/2017 at 7:48 PM, TigerFish said:

Where abouts in Hampshire are you? I have a set of Lexus Locking wheel nuts and key, I'm in Basingstoke.

I'll drop you a message mate, if that's okay. I'm in Farnborough but going to Basingstoke on Thursday.