Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 from Devon (Lots of pics!)

Jim-G

Hi all,

Recently got another Lex and I'm new around these parts, so though I'd introduce myself and share it.

I'm Jim, and this is my daily driver. Had it about 5 months now.

This is what it looked like when it was for sale. Just a standard 2002 IS200 Sport in black. Has the 18" TTE alloys and the Aero Package 2 i believe. FSH with 134k miles.

s-l16005.thumb.jpg.240d8a1bc4260ef574ec5651d467c495.jpgs-l16009.thumb.jpg.987316b5787759d7781a5f6474e709cd.jpg

Was bone stock when I got it about 5 months ago. Even had the OEM headunit. That didnt last long though.

I've done quite a few things to it over the past new months, although no mechanical mods, and this is what she looks like now :)

IMG_0241.thumb.JPG.79a98ef27bcb3f4aac245180cb39a586.JPG

IMG_0245.thumb.JPG.4a8aa7ca32c4d0d7aa6179eea7a3ba32.JPG

IMG_0246.thumb.JPG.0a809ef11441ac4938133df7bffa4015.JPG

IMG_0280.thumb.JPG.a1b9343f7a7a8add045573d491b0c374.JPG

I didnt like the orange interior bulbs so changed those.

Also changed white LED sidelights, dips, fulls and fogs. LED stop/tails, number plate and reverse bulbs.

IMG_0297.thumb.JPG.b335fa61508c71f3097c64a8a0d57e06.JPG

I do love my audio so its, fully sound deadened with a subtle and powerfull ICE install with 7" touchscreen. IMG_0273.thumb.JPG.5b216ef49a7d973568cf3f43e1168ede.JPG

Boot lid wouldnt stay open was torsion bar linkage was snapped, so fitted a pair of gas struts/dampers to keep boot open. Their a tad short at 300mm but give the boot a nice rake ;)

IMG_0257.thumb.JPG.067c9cf63cf2cb65cf826fd60fdfec31.JPG

IMG_0259.thumb.JPG.e435104c64b469aa3a58480e53bbb0b1.JPG

Really love the car. Used to have a a '98 MK2 GS300. One of the best cars I'd ever driven. Even caught the modding bug with the 2JZ.

I do enjoy tinkering with this one, but have run out of ideas.

Kinda want to refurb and paint the wheels next. Not sure what colour though. Whats the thoughts on a solid white?

Jim

IMG_0275.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks, glad to be here.

I've been on a regular to the forum for a while, looking for how-to's etc, so thought I'd join contribute if I can :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used just a generic red spray and a clear laquer top coat. Buffed up with a cutting polish afterwards. Did the fogs too so they would match somewhat.

I had already purchased a vinyl but after a mock up on the lens i didnt really like the look of it.

And also im just outside of Torrington. How about yourself?

I'm going to do the same I think. I like the look of it. I live just outside okehampton so not far from you. One of my rear lights is foggy on the inside so I was hoping the tint may make it look less noticeable until I'm feel brave enough to cut it open :) 

I found the tin i used earlier in the garage, it was E-Tech red lens tinting spray. Probably got it from eBay.

I have the same prob on my drivers side and it does help. I have to take the cluster off every now and again to let it dry out as theres a small crack at the top.

Just a helpful hint, I had to do my lenses twice. The first time I took them off and masked them up on my workbench, then panel wiped the surfaces clean. Sprayed a couple of thin coats of red tint and let them cure overnight. The next day they looked really good, but a bit of a dull matt finish. So i layed a couple of coats of lacquer and all looked shiny so i bolted them back on and away I went.

About a week later i noticed I couldnt really inside the lens any more, the top section was just a faded redish/pink colour. I tried buffing this out and it sort of worked but me being an idiot, i went too far and got down to the clear plastic. So i decided to polish all the lacquer and red out and start over. I did everything the same but before putting them back on the car when they looked great after the final lacquer coat, I gave them a quick hand polish with K2 headlight restorder paste to remove a fine coat of top laquer and they've stayed crystal clear ever since.

Not sure what I did wrong, but hopefully you dont have the headache I had.