Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alps_RX

Morning all

A quick post to introduce myself before I scour the forum to learn more about the Lexus brand and owners experiences as I eagerly await delivery of a new RX450h in Luxury guise.

Having always owned German marques historically (predominantly BMWs and currently, an Audi A5) and being in the market for a new car, I have decided to make the switch to this prestigious Japanese brand.

Look forward to sharing my experience of Lexus ownership and picking the brains of knowledgable fellow members.

Pictures of the car to follow (once I get my hand on it)

Alps

• Like 2

Welcome Alpesh :smile:

I too was predominantly a German car man before my Lexus, but I am fully converted now and expect my next car to also wear the L badge.

When are you expecting delivery? 

Thanks Shahpor!

Order was only placed last week so still waiting for the dealer to confirm build and delivery dates...I'm hoping it's not too long a wait.

Would be interested to learn what sort of lead times other customers have been given for new Lexus orders...

Well, I can't comment on Lexus specifically since I have never been fortunate enough to purchase a new car from them, but generally I think it is roughly 12 weeks for it to arrive.

No doubt if this is the case it will be a long 12 weeks for you. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been given a estimated date of July 17th :smile:, hopefully there are no delays and it arrives earlier.

It's going to be a long 7 weeks!

• 1 month later...

So the delivery of my car was delayed by a few days and rather than being delivered on the 17th, I'm now picking up the car tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Will be getting to the dealership early doors as they've got the LC coupes in the showroom as part of the nationwide launch that they are doing.

• Like 2

On 12/05/2017 at 2:06 PM, Shahpor said:

Well, I can't comment on Lexus specifically since I have never been fortunate enough to purchase a new car from them, but generally I think it is roughly 12 weeks for it to arrive.

No doubt if this is the case it will be a long 12 weeks for you. :smile:

@Shahpor I'm fortunate enough to have a family member who works for Lexus and is allowed 2 vehicles on a friends and family car scheme and has kindly allowed me to get my car on this scheme. It's a great scheme whereby I have to order a new car every 4 months as I'm only allowed to keep a vehicle for 6 months.

I've got my eye on the RX F-sport or RC for the next car

• Like 1

Yep, discount isn't too bad :wink3:

In summary, no deposit, fixed monthly payment, Road Tax included and no mileage limit. Only cost to me will be insurance and fuel and given that I'll only cover 5-6k miles over the 6 months, no service and no new tyres (fingers crossed)

It's amazing to learn for just how little they offer the vehicles to their employees and I guess it's safe to assume that they still make some decent money from the heavily discounted rates.

• Like 1

Sounds like hassle free motoring at its finest. :smile:

I know someone who has a similar scheme with VW and the choice isn't huge.  Also, since they are allocated on priority, the best cars are not always available.

Is that the same with this one?

Indeed hassle free motoring at its finest.

The choice of vehicles on this scheme is fairly extensive, majority of variants from every model of the Lexus range (bar the LS). The list to choose from is updated on a quarterly basis...unfortunatley they dropped the F-Sport RX from the list when the time came for me to order my car. I'm hoping it will re-appear when it comes around to ordering the next car. Also no priority, each vehicle is built to order and I have the option to add optional extras (increases the monthly payment as you'd expect but not massively)...I added the opening panoramic roof which costs me an extra £10 per month.

Right I'm off to collect my new toy :yahoo:, pics to follow.....

• Like 1

Damn, I need to find a family member that works for Lexus :smile:

That is an impressive scheme to say the least. You lucky sod :smile:

No doubt you are cruising around in your new toy by now, so enjoy. :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having had the car for just over a week, I thought it's about time I got some pics up of the car. I went for the metallic deep blue for the exterior (the sun really brings out the true colour) with ivory and noble brown interior.

20170721_142220.jpg

20170721_142210.jpg

• Like 1

Lee is indeed correct, that is a very nice colour choice.

Although sitting next to the Golf shows just how big it is.

I have been driving around in an NX for the last two days and I thought that was way too big. :smile:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

So having previously had a 4RX Luxury spec in Deep Blue with Ivory interior, the time came around to order my replacement vehicle earlier this year. In March this year, I took delivery of a 4RX F-Sport in Azure Blue with white leather (pics attached).

The time has now come round again for me to order my next vehicle and I'd like to get your thoughts on which colour combination I should go for next? Bearing in mind I have a 4 year old daughter who has a tendecy to climb all over the seats and my new vehicle won't be delivered until September (once 68 reg is released) and will be my daily workhouse through the winter months - I'm inclined to go for an exterior colour such as Mercury Grey to help hide the dirt with a fairly light interior (not keen on black leather for the interior) or perhaps the red leather?

I've seen a really nice pearlescent white on some of the newer Lexus models - anyone know what this colour is called? Thiking of going for white and red leather for next year summer.

Thoughts and opinions would be welcomed....

20180327_141445.jpg

Grey with red interior,but hard to beat your original RX with the deep blue exterior and cream interior,that would be my first choice.

Alpesh said

"I've seen a really nice pearlescent white on some of the newer Lexus models - anyone know what this colour is called? Thiking of going for white and red leather for next year summer"

I'm fairly sure that it is called 'Sonic White' which is what mine is.  It's a very nice pearl-like finish.