Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine light on car

BetWal

Car seems absolutely fine but an engine light has come on as well as the check vsc light and the car has gone into limp mode making it a real pain to drive. I tried resetting the Battery as I heard it worked for someone else and the lights went away and car drove fine but they have come back. Everything under the hood seems fine, tires are fine, exhaust is fine, air filter has been cleaned and put back. The car had an MOT less than a month ago and had its starting motor, Battery, left rear tyre and right wiper replaced with new ones. Desperate for a solution as I can't afford another hefty garage bill. Thanks in advance.

P2002 P, think it means a valve needs cleaning so got some disconnecting and cleaning of parts to do, will update when I know whether that's worked or not. Wish me luck

Definitely looks like EDR valve, taken it apart and it's absolutely covered in crap. My friend was helping me and he's been a mechanic for over 20 years says he's never seen anything like it. Will have get some degreaser.

Yeah, that'll be what's caused it. I'll have to check if it needs cleaning more often and maybe go for something other than a diesel next time.

It's a common problem with the is220d I'm afraid along with many other deisel cars that are used on short journeys. They need regular good beltings on the motorway to keep them running well.

Your car will feel much better after an egr clean up. I had the same problem myself.

The is250 is the better car around town. Trust me it won't give you any problems what so ever.