Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Olde worlde (2007 era!) Lexus dealer fitted bluetooth

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with an olde worlde (2007 era!) Lexus dealer fitted Bluetooth handsfree kit?

I'm a recent Lexus convert, '57 IS250 petrol automatic, came with a dealer fitted Lexus branded Bluetooth handsfree. It appears to work correctly (throught the radio speakers) and recognise spoken commands, but I'm d*mn#d if I can get it to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (or my other halfs Galaxy S4). The process goes OK until the bit where you enter the pin it tells you (1234, same as the book says), and the pin is never recognised. Is the Bluetooth protocol just too ancient for modern phones? Or am I missing something blatantly obvious.

Regards,

Andrew

• 3 months later...

An update......

I was missing something blatantly obvious!

I had tried it with a different phone so was fairly sure it wasn't the phone.

When I first got the Lexus I just popped my Bluetooth headset in the place previously occupied by the ashtray, headset stays permanently on standby and my phone holder switches the phones Bluetooth on.

It suddenly dawned on me to try turning the Bluetooth headset off, rather than just letting it drop to standby and bingo! Phone paired with car instantly, reconnects every time on startup, all is good!

I have an NFC tag on my car holder which is programmed to turn on Bluetooth, start a speedometer overlay program and start Waze for navigation, and 15 or so seconds later the radio mutes and announces "phone 1 connected", I am happy now!

Andrew

As my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 I'm using Samsung TecTiles but I've also played with standard NFC tags, like these.

On Android you just download a suitable NFC app, set up what you want to happen and save it to the tag, then every time the unlocked phone is placed on the tag it carries out the actions, if it's locked they happen on unlock.

Takes a bit of fiddling to get it right and they can't be set up to reverse the actions on moving away from the tag which would be useful.

Regards,

Andrew

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links