Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF +GSF Temptations

So @wow300 and myself when hunting for an isF for last week and found a pretty good example at Lexus Cheltenham, it wasn't to be as one of us was tempted by a GSF instead all will be revealed regarding that this week 😐

Any way lots of fun was had testing the cars below all in the interests of science naturally, as well as some pictures of the Prescott Hill day.

@Warrington guy Dave behave yourself looking at the RCF's leave your credit card in the wallets 😂

IMG_2791.thumb.JPG.515c691f02f36d0c81b1c2fca703253c.JPGIMG_2792.thumb.JPG.e286fb4431f116e8bcfe7c8f10d55944.JPGIMG_2793.thumb.JPG.89202c7316694557c6a5670062cae238.JPGIMG_2794.thumb.JPG.42aac67561339eec5e303d248cc3bf23.JPGIMG_2801.thumb.JPG.6ffda157f2f33d94389bcfaf69678bf8.JPGIMG_2802.thumb.JPG.7a4295cd0c0c7c85ae437aea6de6bb81.JPGIMG_2805.thumb.JPG.fbb40b333aa83bfc8b577adc52e853bb.JPG

Big Rat

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

Edited by Big Rat
Personal photo
  • Like 5

Had a drive of my dad's new RC-F the other day. A lot more different to the IS-F than I was expecting. Everything has been turned up a notch. Quicker and better throttle response, better gearbox, better intake sound and lovely steering feel, far sharper on turn in. I was surprised how light the car felt. The seats are awesome too! Made the IS feel a little old!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Had a drive of my dad's new RC-F the other day. A lot more different to the IS-F than I was expecting. Everything has been turned up a notch. Quicker and better throttle response, better gearbox, better intake sound and lovely steering feel, far sharper on turn in. I was surprised how light the car felt. The seats are awesome too! Made the IS feel a little old!

We felt that the GSF WAS UP ANOTHER NOTCH AGAIN 😳

🐀

• Like 1

Just now, NemesisUK said:

No, I don't want one.. Really I don't

No, honestly! ... 

Ok I'm convinced - not !

Just got to stop thinking about them now 🙄

🐀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Big rat . That GSF looks stunning 

@Warrington guy It's got lots of tech that just works, the head up display with mph as well as road limit mph, sport+ disabled traction control enhances intake flaps even more and also valved exhaust.

And adaptive suspension to name but a few, it's a weapon 😍

🐀

• Like 2

Got a mate that has an ISF and a GSF......due to kids etc he changed the rear base to a 3 seat and fitted the centre belt so he didn't have to sell it, his is the GSF and the wife's is the ISF, I can't even get mine to like it let alone drive it 🙄

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Womble72 said:

Got a mate that has an ISF and a GSF......due to kids etc he changed the rear base to a 3 seat and fitted the centre belt so he didn't have to sell it, his is the GSF and the wife's is the ISF, I can't even get mine to like it let alone drive it 🙄

Luck lucky man !

🐀

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Warrington guy It's got lots of tech that just works, the head up display with mph as well as road limit mph, sport+ disabled traction control enhances intake flaps even more and also valved exhaust.

And adaptive suspension to name but a few, it's a weapon 😍

🐀

Sounds epic, really want to see both the RCF and GSF in the flesh again to have a good look. Is your day rate about to go up @Big Rat? 

• Like 3

It's also down to your personal situation, if I had the money available, with the ISF about to reach its 10th birthday, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to the GSF. The current price gap between the two cars for a similar (yet much more refined with the GSF) thrill, can't be justified for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

It's also down to your personal situation, if I had the money available, with the ISF about to reach its 10th birthday, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to the GSF. The current price gap between the two cars for a similar (yet much more refined with the GSF) thrill, can't be justified for me. 

@emjay82 I agree entirely, having just spent close to 20k on a work related vehicle which was a necessity, as much as I'd like to have a GSF on the drive a I am more than content with the ISF, I don't feel shortchanged in any way shape or form.

Big Rat

• Like 2

A GS450H - mmmmmmmmm. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be tempted to dump the F for a GS450H

I still think the LC will hit RCF prices further.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 I agree entirely, having just spent close to 20k on a work related vehicle which was a necessity, as much as I'd like to have a GSF on the drive a I am more than content with the ISF, I don't feel shortchanged in any way shape or form.

Big Rat

If you've got the money, go for it 👍, it's next step up the F ladder. The ISF looks dated next to the new designs but behind the wheel it does a good job at giving similar thrills. It will be a little while before another F is in my reach.

• Like 1

Just now, Flytvr said:

A GS450H - mmmmmmmmm. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be tempted to dump the F for a GS450H

Nice cars, quite like the 2013 + shape, good value for £16-20k. Great estate agent car. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yes I witnessed @Flytvr slobbering and salivating over a gs450H it was a sickening sight to behold, he even forced one of his offspring into one  to be driven up a mountain by a complete madman purporting to be a Lexus Dealer principal I ask you 🙄

Oh and here's photographic proof, and to cap it I offered the poor lad an ice cream after his horrific forced ride in the black milk float, and @Flytvr eat the one I bought for him and the lad.........shocking 😏

IMG_2810.thumb.JPG.944c7308ae99a5ebe06a58fa26542377.JPGIMG_2811.thumb.JPG.a77bc31d1c8afea5bac1113b7fbc42e2.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

On 2017-5-14 at 9:49 PM, Toothy said:

You can make your ISF feel just as light on its feet with sharp turn in. Upgrade your LCA bushes and suspension.  

My mate on here drove mine last week, his is standard spec and the first thing he said was how light the car felt compared to his and how sharp the turn in was.  

• Like 1

Really considered changing those bushes, might look again. Were coming back a touch expensive from the states when i looked last.

Had a drive in one of those GS450H Sports. They're so boring in comparison to the F!
Steering is light as a feather and has little feel. Engine sounds flat and although it pulls OK for a big car. It was just OK, not inspiring at all. The seats were terrible and the brakes had no feel. This is all subjective however, I'm bound to be biased towards the F :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toothy said:

Really considered changing those bushes, might look again. Were coming back a touch expensive from the states when i looked last.

Had a drive in one of those GS450H Sports. They're so boring in comparison to the F!
Steering is light as a feather and has little feel. Engine sounds flat and although it pulls OK for a big car. It was just OK, not inspiring at all. The seats were terrible and the brakes had no feel. This is all subjective however, I'm bound to be biased towards the F :)

@Toothy Dave An insight of someone who has driven one 👍

@Flytvr Are you listening if so heed the warning this GS is boring

If you desert your 'F' you will be forever fretting and regretting 

So now you know the GS is not the star of your next show !

Big Rat

• Like 1

Please do not compare the normal GS to the GS-F, the GS-F is a totally different animal, it's exciting to drive, the seats are very comfy and supporting, the suspension is excellent, not to hard, even in sport + and goes like a bullet, all I can say is take one out for a test drive, it is an awesome piece of kit that will be chewing the tail of virtually any super car ! 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, wow300 said:

Please do not compare the normal GS to the GS-F, the GS-F is a totally different animal, it's exciting to drive, the seats are very comfy and supporting, the suspension is excellent, not to hard, even in sport + and goes like a bullet, all I can say is take one out for a test drive, it is an awesome piece of kit that will be chewing the tail of virtually any super car ! 

@wow300 And I can verifying all that, I've seen the evidence of some poor Ferrari having its bottom chased 😂

🐀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links