Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

caliper overhaul

Just a quick question - my caliper piston boot is allowing fluid to seep out so I'm in a dilemma as to either refurb the calipers or get them refurbed. I would like to do it myself but do not know how difficult this job is. Can people whom have done this job please shed light on the complexities etc. Thanks

Not a complicated process other than needed a good foot pump or compressed air to help expel the pistons.

BiggRed4u on eBay do seal kits for the calipers. They are also pretty good direct for reconditioned calipers.

On 14/05/2017 at 10:22 PM, iffy said:

Just a quick question - my caliper piston boot is allowing fluid to seep out so I'm in a dilemma as to either refurb the calipers or get them refurbed. I would like to do it myself but do not know how difficult this job is. Can people whom have done this job please shed light on the complexities etc. Thanks

If fluid has started leaking past the piston and coming out in the rubber boot it's time to take some quick action !......go for an exchange caliper as suggested by Tigerfish , my choice of company is https://brakeparts.co.uk/ I've used them before and their prices are very good :yes: