Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H MY2017 arrived | problem with connection

Dear guys,

Apologize for my bad English.

I have received just Saturday my new IS300H luxury with some optional (roof, Mark Levinson)

I previously had the IS300H MY2013

The car is amazing, the improvement are not only in the new design that I really prefer, but in hundred of subtle details that are not noticed until you have not the car in your hand, most of the review simple does not tell this!

Motor performance for me are better that the 2013 model, the synergy with hybrid motor is better, the new multilink suspension give a car a more "solid" presence on the road, tha car is more rigid... I feel it like the F Sport that I have try previously.

The only big problem is the mess with connected services.

The multimedia system try to connect with the portal www.my.lexus.eu that, from what I see, no longer exist so my account will not recognized, because it is registered on the new portal that is under the www.lexus.it/my-lexus main website: I cannot verify if the car system redirect, but it seems that no.

Also, trying to connect my multimedia via the portal, with his ID number it result that the number is not recognize (you know the format: 000-000-000-000).

Another strange element is that in the Italian portal they tell that only "touch and go" system can be used the ID account registered: I have eventually try to use my email instead the ID that the portal offer me, but the car system does not accept more than a fixed number of keys and my email address is too long.

Actually it seems that nobody at the Italian customer care can sort out from this... they just tell me to try with Samsung Android instead the Iphone (sic!) but it is clearly an inconsistent answer because I had all my iPhone's (from 3GS)  connected with no problem at all, since IS200 of 2014 and the latest one (Iphone 6) work well with Bluetooth and is correctly set up.

To be honest, another smal issue is that the SMS does not arrive on the multimedia system, while all the services seems to be OK.

I have load few pictures for your knowledge

I hope this can help others member to check their system, if they have same problems and to suggest some trick to me.

Thank you so much!

foto00_MMS.jpg

MMS_Portal.jpg

sms-mms.jpg

Hi guys,

after triyng few different options I have discovered that if you want to link your multimedia system via the web portal you have to digit the 16 numbers without space: do not separate with the symbol " - " as shown in the display of the car.

This way, the ID of your MMS will be recognized.

I hope this help.

It's a pity they don't specify that on the instructions, I loose lot of time.

Now I try to undertsand why sms does not appear on the screen, and why my portal ID is not recognized via the car/3G connection.

if you have any suggestions you are welcome.

Thanks

Here some news.

1) sms: it's necessary to activate "allowing notification" under the Bluetooth Iphone set up (touch "info" near the Lexus name);

2) I was contacted by Lexus about my problem, they contact me within 24 hrs, so very fast and we had a several trials, none of them was allowing me to connect "connected services" or allow to login to my.lexus account.

- cancel my previous my.lexus account I had with the previous IS300H MY2013, create a new one: register car and MMSystem again;

- try the login with the new ID and then with email (both of them work well via browser or iOs via Safari): not work, because the car cannot login;

- try to reset the Bluetooth pairing and reconnect the phone: no work at all, the car connect to the Iphone 6 hotspot (blue bar and 1 connection visible on top of the Iphone screen), but login is not possible;

- try to soft reset Iphone and upgrade the latest iOs (10.3.2) then reconnet: not work, the login is not possible;

so we try to connect to my house wi-fi and see if the login was possible using ADSL instead a 3G connection.

unfortunately the car would not connect to the router: I have try tenth time to write the password, and I am sure it is correct, but the car always said: password error.

Same password used with the Macbook of my friend allow immediate connection with my router.

to note: no ID error messages, so the Lexus technician has not any possible detail to check, they ask me to make picture of the process, step by step, and a video... and I sent to them.

They said they would come back to me after some investigation.

I would try new test now:

1) trying connetct the office router to the wifi of the IS;

2) trying another iPhone;

3) going to the dealer next week and trying to connect their wifi and hope some employees had a my.lexus account to check with my system.

After all the new test,  that honestly I think wilI be the last possible, I can only imagine my IS was delivered with a defective multi media system.

Any idea or suggestion will be useful, especially if someone had the same problems.

----> please could someone tell me which is the url he use to connect to login the "connected services"? I thought there some problem because they use a old portal, that now is still active, while they try bring the customer on a new portal: I really thing that have two different portals and different url's can create big problem of login if the car trying to connect a bad url.

I hope in some opinion and thought form the members.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cris

same problem here in Germany with my brandnew IS 300h (model 2017, Luxury Line with premium navigation system).

When I try to connect, I always get an error message "Portal-Login nicht möglich".
Connection to internet is etablished (via router at home, or via Iphone hotspot).

I received the car last thursday.
I created an account (my.lexus.eu).

My account is working fine in an 2016 IS 300h (at Lexus dealer).
Lexus dealers account does not work in my 2017 IS 300h.

It seems to be a problem with the brandnew 2017 IS 300h....
My Lexus dealer is informed and is trying to fix the problem

Please let us stay in contact.

Joerg

Dear Joerg,

sorry to heard I am in good company :(

We have the same car and, it seems, the same problems.

I am in touch with guy of Lexus and I have sent him all the info.

They said they must send the info in Belgium... to have some opinion.

Interesting the fact you have try with the dealer and it seems that does not work alo there.

I hope to have soon some information, and I will share here immediately, I hope also to heard other news form other user that had the system working.

I am thinking, more and more that it's a back end problem: when they migrate from the old portal to the new (integrated with the Lexus web site) something was missed and they make mess.

If you have some news, please let me know. I do the same.

Thank you

Cristiano

Dear Joerg,

Just a more question:

which ID or "username" have you try to login form the car?

• the so called "ID My Lexus" create on the my Lexus portal? (see picture)
username01.jpg.b98eed178516b26e57368abdea106769.jpg
• the email you have registered?

When I spoke with the guys at the service he said to me to try both (?) it seems they don't know exactly which username will be requested by the multi media system to connect.

By the way I have used both and none of them work.

Just wonder if you have  try too.

note: I see in the Lexus ID section they refer to TOUCH & GO (that is not a Lexus feature) have you the same message while you click on the info button near your ID? please se  picture attached.

username02.jpg.ff688f81e40de3967d0016be5188ec42.jpg

Dear Cristiano

for the login in the car I use the same username, I enter on the Websites (my.lexus.eu).

My account works fine in he dealers car but not in my car.

The dealers account works fine in his car but not in my car.

Unbenannt.JPG

My Lexus dealer called me.

It looks as if several device IDs are not stored on the server.

Lexus in Brussels is working on the problem.
Further information from my dealer I will get in the afternoon.

Hi Joerg,

thank for this news.

German dealers seems to be more active than Italians... from this side no anwers.

Have you also been informed that the "Siri eyes free" is not available in Europe?

5 hours ago, JoeLex said:

Dear Cristiano

for the login in the car I use the same username, I enter on the Websites (my.lexus.eu).

My account works fine in he dealers car but not in my car.

The dealers account works fine in his car but not in my car.

Unbenannt.JPG

Thank you,

So no the email address.

by the way it seems your portal home page is different than mine.

When I digit the my.lexus.eu I am redirected immediately to the main Lexus website, I had this "old" home page with the 2013 IS300H

The only one who can help us, are the Lexus guys in Belgium, my dealer told me.

Logon to my.lexus.eu and ask them to fix the Problem.

I already did it right now. Actually I'm waiting for an answer. 

592440618271e_AnfrageanLexus.thumb.JPG.888e17f6fdcd2894cbc8329ed5ee3928.JPG

Today I have wrote a letter via the portal as suggested, I hope somebody can check this problem.

Absolutely no answer from Italian customer care, they said they will let me know something after speaking with Brussels, but not info at all.

Spoken with the dealer, they just say they are pushing the Italian customer care to have some answer, like me.

After other trials, I confirm the car connect to the internet, but the login it's impossible.

My car is also connected to the internet. Only the login to the portal fails.

My dealer assumes that some device IDs are not stored properly in the Lexus database.

He told me: "The customer care has to answer within two working days."

So, the deadline will be tomorrow (noon).

If there is no answer until then, my dealer will escalate the case to Lexus Germany.

From my side: If there is no success within a reasonable time (e.g. 2 weeks) I'll bring the car back to the dealer until the problem is solved completely.

1 hour ago, JoeLex said:

My car is also connected to the internet. Only the login to the portal fails.

My dealer assumes that some device IDs are not stored properly in the Lexus database.

He told me: "The customer care has to answer within two working days."

So, the deadline will be tomorrow (noon).

If there is no answer until then, my dealer will escalate the case to Lexus Germany.

From my side: If there is no success within a reasonable time (e.g. 2 weeks) I'll bring the car back to the dealer until the problem is solved completely.

Thank you for your update.

I have the same idea about the problem of data stored, I think there's no other reason known, even if I had not this info from Lexus by phone or from the dealer.

Hope your dealer will help us to have at least some explications: I have no problem to wait until they set up the database but is important to know if the are aware of this problem, because it seems they don't know... or they know, but they don't' act to solve.

Again thanks and stay in touch.

Have  a good day

Today I received the answer from Lexus Customer Portal:

"My Lexus" - You forgot your username or password? ..... Arghhh! .... INCREDIBLE!!

After that I went to my dealer to show him the email.

He has a brandnew IS 300h in his showroom and he decided to change the whole navigation unit from the car in the showroom to my car.

Now everything is working.

Good luck with your car.

Ahahah!

Unbelievable!

I don't know if I will be lucky like you... but for sure I don't surrend.

;)

thanks dor gettin me informed and have a good evening...

just a question: how long was the process of swap the entire system?

The swap of the navigation unit took about one hour.

During that time I had some fun with an Lexus RC F 200t which they gave me for a test drive :smile:

Don't give up. Go to the dealer and give him a deadline to solve the problem.

Just to update.

The meeting with the dealer (that is not so close to me) was cancelled as they said that we need to wait because Lexus Italy said they don't find problem at all with connecting services... 

By the way they want to investigate (taking time?) and let me know after some trials.

To be honest I am little disappointed with Italian customer care.

They don't reply to me, just said that to the dealer and he said to me to wait.

Concerning to install a new multimedia they said is not a options as the problem 99,99% will not depend by a fault of Lexus system

I don't know what I have to think...

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joerg and Cris,

I have the same problem with my new IS300h. Today I went to my Lexus dealer and they couldn't do anything with it. I asked to try ato connect with my account details in the showroom IS they had and it all worked fine. I have compared Model ID and navigation version of both cars and they were the same, but hardware number  was different. The showroom car's hardware number was 86130-53S10, and mine's is 86130-53S11. May I ask you both to check and report here your versions?

P.S. Model ID 15LWENEU-BB01, Navigation VC83102E. You can find this info in Setup->General->Update software->Update

IMG_20170608_152303.jpg

Hi Robertas, as said I had no success with any other trial to meet dealer or Lexus, they refuse a meeting or any other help.

So I sent them a formal letter and if they don't answer I go on with a lawyer.

It's passed one month and nobody take care of this problem.

By the way, my system detail are exactly like your: same numbers.

may I ask you some question?

1) which country are you?

2) to login do you use email address or the ID given by the portal?

3) when you was at the dealer showroom did you use your phone to connect with their car? Which phone?

4) what is the decision of the dealer about it? They change the system?

Thank you so much.

2 hours ago, Overland said:

Hi Robertas, as said I had no success with any other trial to meet dealer or Lexus, they refuse a meeting or any other help.

So I sent them a formal letter and if they don't answer I go on with a lawyer.

It's passed one month and nobody take care of this problem.

By the way, my system detail are exactly like your: same numbers.

may I ask you some question?

1) which country are you?

2) to login do you use email address or the ID given by the portal?

3) when you was at the dealer showroom did you use your phone to connect with their car? Which phone?

4) what is the decision of the dealer about it? They change the system?

Thank you so much.

1) I'm from Belgium.

2) I used he ID, because in Belgium we still use the old portal.

3) I used my phones (Huawei Mate 9) Bluetooth. At home I used phones Bluetooth, phones WiFi hotspot and home WiFi (none of them worked).

4) It was a person from the sales department that tried to help me yesterday. Only sales are open on Saturdays. He will forward all the information to the after-sales department. It was my first visit there with this problem, so I gues it will take them some time to make a decision.

I wonder what version of the replacement system Joerg got.

Thank you so much, your info are very valuable.

We are now having the same issue in Italy, Germany, Belgium... 

I think there are more out there but some of people that I've have asked they don't' know there's connected services on their system, as nobody tell them.

You tell you have the old portal in Belgium, it seems in UK and Italy we have the new one.... and from the picture Joerg has posted, in Germany too they have the old.

This shown that the problem is independent to the portal and drive me to think is hardware problem.

What we miss is to know if who is connecting with no problem from their IS300H to the new portal use the ID or the same email address they use to login via the web.

I ask please, if somebody here can give us this information.

Thank you in advance.

Robertas, please, when you have some information concerning the decision of the dealer about your system, please let me know.

Not necessary it's a hardware problem. Our hardware is newer than the one I have successfully connect to in the showroom. So it could also be a problem of the software, that isn't fully compatible with the newer hardware. That's why I'm hopping that Joerg will inform us on his replacement hardware version and that could confirm this theory.