Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H MY2017 arrived | problem with connection

Hy,

sorry for the late reply.

Actually I'm on holiday on the Canary Islands. I'm sure , the replacement hardware I got was one version lower than the original hardware (ending with ...53S10).

I guess, everything else is as posted above. But I can check in one week. 

I'll keep you informed.

Joerg 

18 minutes ago, JoeLex said:

Hy,

sorry for the late reply.

Actually I'm on holiday on the Canary Islands. I'm sure , the replacement hardware I got was one version lower than the original hardware (ending with ...53S10).

I guess, everything else is as posted above. But I can check in one week. 

I'll keep you informed.

Joerg 

Thank you for the reply. Have a nice holiday. I love Canary Islands 😁

After the letter of formal notice, the dealer call me, asking to come there to make some trials.

From the delivery of the car, more than on month ago, this is the first real formal act from Lexus,

I keep you informed.

Thanks 

Just now, Overland said:
After the letter of formal notice, the dealer call me, asking to go there to make some trials.

From the delivery of the car, more than on month ago, this is the first real formal act from Lexus,

I keep you informed.

Thanks 

Hi, unfortunately I have not news for you.

The dealer call me this morning tell me they have received just an answer form Lexus Italy that ask us "to wait the set up of a new version of the portal, on line next Monday, to see if the problem is of my car or from the portal".

So another week is loose without a clear and effective response to my letter.

I give them this time, I want to see if what they say is true or just taking time.

I am sure they will able not taking time for three years as my warranty last: at certain point there must be

Anyway: @Robertas Z.any news from your side?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris and Robertas,

the replacement hardware (which is working fine) has the hardware number 86130-53S10.

My car was delivered with the hardware number 86130-53S11.

Software is the same as yours.

IMG_1803.thumb.JPG.024527f559e9c242549a316edeecf5ab.JPG

Hi,

I have the same issue with my new NX and working with my german dealer on this problem now since about 4 weeks. Today I meet him and he told me, that he was on a training yesterday and it looks like, that's a global more less know issue. The headquarter in Belgium analyze it currently. Maybe I will get a new navigation system he said. Let's wait one more time. Stay tuned...

Thanks Bluebalu, it's great to see the dealer out there got some kind of answer while here all the system ignores the customer.

Right now, no anwers for me.

Please keep us updated... I will do the same.

2 hours ago, Overland said:

Thanks Bluebalu, it's great to see the dealer out there got some kind of answer while here all the system ignores the customer.

Right now, no anwers for me.

Please keep us updated... I will do the same.

Of course I will do and I'm sure, that they will solve it... I gave them today one week more time until I escalate it.

I give them more than one month with totally no answer, so I think next week the lawyer will start his job.

It's sad to see a company like Lexus act as the worst brand of the market.

After four Lexus IS I never expect this will happen.

Hi all, i have the same problems with rx450h 2017 and sent it back to lexus to solve the problem(no conection to portal and no sms connection) . The car is there an week for solving problem

Hi @vitorino

Welcome in the "noportalconnectionclub" :sad: They have your car for a week? 

You are in Ireland?

So we can have now: Italy, Germany, Belgium and Ireland.

I suspect there are more out there, but after some investigations I discover that there is more people that simply don't know they can have the connection services.

And it seems the dealers can do nothing as is not clear:

1. the problem is on the portal

2. the problem is on the hardware

In both case they cannot solve until Lexus does not act in some way.

This is bad because what is not clear is: 

- why Lexus is not clear and tell which is the problem, for sure they know very well;

Anyway, In Italy laws are very clear, if something does not work as it shoul and it's covered by a warranty should be fixed, or changed.

@vitorino about the SMS may I ask if you have an Iphone?

With Iphone is necessary set the phone to let the SMS work with Lexus multimedia, have you try?

Also, I invite members that has a MY2017 Lexus that never consider to use the portal, to try tho access connected services from the car, maybe they also have a defective unit in their car.

Hello all, 

Here's the update from Brussels. Last week I left the car at the dealer's for 4 days. They didn't manage to find some solution. They have contacted Lexus Technical Service for a solution. Next week I was aked to bring my car back to the dealer again for a view days for an inspection by Panasonic technicians. Apparently, Panasonic is the manufacturer of the system. Hopefully they will find a solution. 

18 minutes ago, Robertas Z. said:

Hello all, 

Here's the update from Brussels. Last week I left the car at the dealer's for 4 days. They didn't manage to find some solution. They have contacted Lexus Technical Service for a solution. Next week I was aked to bring my car back to the dealer again for a view days for an inspection by Panasonic technicians. Apparently, Panasonic is the manufacturer of the system. Hopefully they will find a solution. 

Thank You Robertas Z, the info are valuable.

It's unbelievable they took your car for four days! They gave to you another car for free, while you was without your car?

Its a real unconfortable for a customer they need four days to check something that we all know is due to a defective system that has leaved Japan with a bunch of models from different segment: IS, NX and now also RX

I don't understand this behaviour.

1 hour ago, Overland said:

Thank You Robertas Z, the info are valuable.

It's unbelievable they took your car for four days! They gave to you another car for free, while you was without your car?

Its a real unconfortable for a customer they need four days to check something that we all know is due to a defective system that has leaved Japan with a bunch of models from different segment: IS, NX and now also RX

I don't understand this behaviour.

I got a replacement car, also an IS, so it wasn't a big inconvenience. 

hi all, my hard and soft i think is this and my phone is a S8 and i am from Portugal, i was decided to complain on consumer court for this after 2 weeks of no sense excuses 20170605_190355.thumb.jpg.058166bbe9b14050aa53fbf00ee0dc01.jpg20170605_185843.thumb.jpg.5db9ef137587cd0d62bce4b1d42df7f2.jpg

2 hours ago, vitorino said:

hi all, my hard and soft i think is this and my phone is a S8 and i am from Portugal, i was decided to complain on consumer court for this after 2 weeks of no sense excuses 20170605_190355.thumb.jpg.058166bbe9b14050aa53fbf00ee0dc01.jpg20170605_185843.thumb.jpg.5db9ef137587cd0d62bce4b1d42df7f2.jpg

Thank you so much for your time.

It seems the Hardware is different in the RX450H as seen by your different number, but the "Model discernment ID is the same.

I don't know what is the "repro" you have in the RX450H I have not that section on my system.

About S8 I am so sorry I cannot help you :(

I understand your willing to act via the court: it is unacceptable they treat you like that.

A short update from Germany:

Yesterday I visited my Lexus dealer. Nothing relevant, just to buy some accessories.
I have had smalltalk with the service manager, who was responsible for the decision for the exchange of my navigation unit four weeks ago.

He told me:
At this moment, the only way to get the "connected services" functioning, is the exchange of hardware, as they have done it in my car...
... but...
.... currently they ar working together with Lexus in Belgium on a solution to fix the problem without hardware exchange.
Therefor they use the navigation unit which was initially delivered with my car.
Last week the guys in Belgium adjusted something (on the server?) and my dealer did some tests. Next week there will be the next adjustments and tests.

Currently they have no solution yet.

I think:
Every premium navigation system, which was delivered in early 2017, has this problem, but only a few buyers know about it, because they don't try to enable "connected services".

Thank you so much for this update.

Congrats to your dealer, look very smart.

I think the same as you... if other people will try, they discover the defected unit: I am sure hundreds are out there, they have paid for something that is not currently working well.

Lexus does not tell this probably because if they cannot solve via software (which I think is not possible) they have to spend lot of money to swap all the units in IS, NX, RX... and maybe this is the reason they never reply to me, and the dealer just take time (like at the other guys here) or and post pone any meeting with me with very stupid excuses, just to avoid my solid proof that there is a problem.

Anyway, the lawyer is working on the problem, for sure it is not accettable that they sold me a defective unit and they do nothing to solve this, in any way.

Stay in touch.

I don't think that Lexus is doing nothing.

The guys in Belgium are experimenting together with my dealer to solve the problem.
If they find a solution, each of you will benefit from it!

My Lexus dealer is one of the biggest in our region in Germany. The service quality is on a very high level.
It's in the dealers interest to solve the problem, because now he has a brand new lexus in his showroom with a special feature (the "not connected services").

You can go to a lawyer.
But what can Lexus do?

They can exchange your navigation unit from hardware 86130-53S11 in 86130-53S10.
If they have one....

Maybe one week later the guys in Belgium have a software solution, ... but maybe they have not...

If I was you, I would not know what to do.

Anyway, I will keep the "older" unit in my car.
It's from a IS 300h (MY2017), which was delivered as one of the first cars in the late 2016.
Nobody can tell me the difference between 86130-53S10 and 86130-53S11.
Both look like the same. Both have the same Functions.