Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H MY2017 arrived | problem with connection

@JoeLex the only problem here is no answer, no meeting to try, no reply, no take care of letters, emails, phone calls.

Ask me tons of pictures, trials, descriptions, picture of the phone I have, set up of the phone I have... I loose three days of trials.

They said is my fault, and they can do nothing until they check.... but what to check if nobody has call me, or is come to check?

I don't accept that.

In Germany probably is differnt, in Italy it's now, the standard.

I don't know how act Lexus International or Germany branch, but I can assure as owner of Lexus car since 2004, that Lexus Italy is now really bad, portably at the limit of any acceptable standard.
Probably to save money (or make more money) they have passed almost all Lexus dealership to Toyota car dealers, closing most of the older small showroom (the pioneers) where people and technicians with passion and knowledge will always at the side of customers, the new dealers have nothing to do with Lexus experience, they are not teach, they are not skilled... 
Customer care frontline is poor, I remember calling the dealers in mid 2000's they was really kind, now at the reception they are lazy.

Probably who don't know the real Lexus experience, don't care, but for old customer that want not only the Lexus car, but the Lexus experience.

In the 2007, I had some problem with my IS250 and I don't need to call tenth of time like now, send email, send letter form a lawyer... after two meeting an engineer come from Rome, check my car with the delaer and they decide to make all the necessary adjustemnt to fix the problem, after that, they give me a Lexus pen as gift "because I have wait a week for the solution".

I don't want the solve the connection problem tomorrow.

I just ask a real and clear answer for all the people like me and us here that have problem.

And if the answer is "we have to swap the defective unit" I want they do as faster as possible.

As so faster was transferred my money in their account when I bought the car.

1 minute ago, Overland said:

@JoeLex the only problem here is no answer, no meeting to try, no reply, no take care of letters, emails, phone calls.

Ask me tons of pictures, trials, descriptions, picture of the phone I have, set up of the phone I have... I loose three days of trials.

They said is my fault, and they can do nothing until they check.... but what to check if nobody has call me, or is come to check?

I don't accept that.

In Germany probably is differnt, in Italy it's now, the standard.

I don't know how act Lexus International or Germany branch, but I can assure as owner of Lexus car since 2004, that Lexus Italy is now really bad, portably at the limit of any acceptable standard.
Probably to save money (or make more money) they have passed almost all Lexus dealership to Toyota car dealers, closing most of the older small showroom (the pioneers) where people and technicians with passion and knowledge will always at the side of customers, the new dealers have nothing to do with Lexus experience, they are not teach, they are not skilled... 
Customer care frontline is poor, I remember calling the dealers in mid 2000's they was really kind, now at the reception they are lazy.

Probably who don't know the real Lexus experience, don't care, but for old customer that want not only the Lexus car, but the Lexus experience: now is really a nightmare here.

In the 2007, I had some problem with my IS250 and I don't need to call tenth of time like now, send email, send letter form a lawyer... after two meeting an engineer come from Rome, check my car with the delaer and they decide to make all the necessary adjustemnt to fix the problem, after that, they give me a Lexus pen as gift "because I have wait a week for the solution".

I don't want the solve the connection problem tomorrow.

I just ask a real and clear answer for all the people like me and us here that have problem.

And if the answer is "we have to swap the defective unit" I want they do as faster as possible.

As so faster was transferred my money in their account when I bought the car.

Keep cool.
Life is too short to get angry about such things.
Our Lexus is still an excellent car, even if the connected services are not working yet.
I'm sure they'll make it.

• Like 1

Oh, For sure Lexus is great, if not I have not bought four in every three years since 2004.

To be honest I'm not angry, I am too busy to be angry... just I like every right is respected.

If you was an Italian you will understand me.

Believe me, I understand you.
Because I work in the pharmaceutical industrie, I am a perfectionist.
Nothing bothers me more, when something is not working as it shoud.

Just an update, hoping that somebody has some news and abroad the dealers are doing some action.

Here connected service still no working.

Lawyer letter shipped.

Stay in touch.

The lawyer letter obtain a prompt reaction only after 24hrs.

We are in Italy, if as a customer you want something that is owe for your right, you must use a lawyer.

Because now lawyers are involved, I don't write until the end.

Thank you and I keep you informed.

1 minute ago, vitorino said:

Hi all connection with portal solved on my rx450h 2017, chip not registered on lexus database. Big fight with lexus dealer :)

Hi,

So they have registered your system into database, and now it works?

My dealer sayed the same, but my system is not yet working. I'm waiting until it will be registered or something. :(

According to the dealer, because of some mistake in the factory in Japan, they have shipped the cars without regsitering them in to the database.

7 hours ago, vitorino said:

Hi all connection with portal solved on my rx450h 2017, chip not registered on lexus database. Big fight with lexus dealer :)

Thanks for the information. I will go tomorrow to my dealer too and push him. Hopefully the system will work in 2 weeks with connected services if I go to Croatia...

33 minutes ago, Robertas Z. said:

So after these good news I have tried to connect again and it was successful - it WORKS. :) You should all try it as well if still haven't.

I will try in the morning or just now? Damn ok I will go to garage :D

25 minutes ago, bluebalu said:

I will try in the morning or just now? Damn ok I will go to garage :D

Yeah!!! IT'S WORKING :) The map looks with the TOMTOM traffic information completely different and a little bit more modern. Let's check tomorrow how the quality of routing with better traffic information is. In Munich really a challenge in the rush hour...   

• 1 month later...

We are arrived at the end of the story.

After 24 hrs. from the lawyer letter the system started to work as you seen.

The reason of the totally missed reply from Lexus to any of my assistance request (than after the lawyer letter) was really poor "they wrote they had no any Iphone to test".

After the letter an incredible customer care machine started.

I discover the dealer has a "customer care manager" too!

In about three months they never reply, but after the lawyer letter it apper with a lot of redundant words, about how much they care the customer, how much Lexus is advanced, how much they are good.

I'm asking: where was they when I just asked a meeting there to show that by my part there was no mistake on the connection set up?

Few days after in all Europe the system started to work, another mistake from Lexus Italy: they send me a letter to tell me they have now found an Iphone (that everybody know they are very rare), they wanted to collect my car, keep my personal phone too (!) and make some trials, that will last some days, until the "problem" was discovered

This happen after they register the multimedia system on their server, so it was incredible they wanted my car and my phone too, for some days in the dealer, even If they know the problem was not mine but only a simple delay on registration.

My lawyer said that the system work in every car located in Europe now.

He said they are a little bit late.

Also, why they don't just tell me three months ago that there was some delay?

Without ignored me, and a simple phone call of 3 minutes  they avoided all the problem and to paid lawyer cost.

Lexus refund me the cost of the lawyer, with excuses.

This is what happen in Italy.

By the way, today the system here is down, it worked only until 13:00 CET Now it does not work, even meteo app is down here.

"impossible to establish connection ID=D0"

Thank you for all the people read this post and contribute with their experiences.

• 5 months later...

Hi all, sorry to open up an old thread, but I recently bought a 2014 NX300h and have been getting "error code: (ID=223)" when trying to log into the portal (tried both Wi-Fi hotspot and Bluetooth tethering).

Did all your login issues come back by any chance?