Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Customise Image

I have been trying to customise the image on start up and shut down screen following the instructions as per the navigation manual. I have loaded images onto a USB which are less than 10 MB in size, JPG format and in a folder named Image and copied from the USB as instructed but when i select the image it comes up with the broken image/incompatable symbol. Has anybody else done this succesfully or am i missing something :wallbash:

8 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

I have been trying to customise the image on start up and shut down screen following the instructions as per the navigation manual. I have loaded images onto a USB which are less than 10 MB in size, JPG format and in a folder named Image and copied from the USB as instructed but when i select the image it comes up with the broken image/incompatable symbol. Has anybody else done this succesfully or am i missing something :wallbash:

I've got it working on both cars and first time as well.

The folder has to be called StartupImage (case sensitive & 1 word) or Image depending on the year of the car

The file has to be JPG with .jpg or .jpeg tags

The file name should only be a maximum of 5 characters e.g xxxxx.jpg

USB should be no more than 128gb and formatted to FAT32. It will not work with NTFC. In other words won't work for MAC usb discs 

Everything is correct apart from the file name, handbook says it can be up to 32 characters so I'll edit the file names and give it another go.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

Everything is correct apart from the file name, handbook says it can be up to 32 characters so I'll edit the file names and give it another go.

Cheers

I believe the pics are also size and pixel limited so worth playing around with them as well.

I have edited the file names to 4 letters, they are jpeg approx 4mb in size and the USB is FAT32. The folder name is Image as per Navigation manual, when i go to customise image/copy from USB the images appear correct so its copying them alright  its only when i click on them to select to set as start up image that it goes wrong and i get the broken image symbol :helpsmilie:

2 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

I have edited the file names to 4 letters, they are jpeg approx 4mb in size and the USB is FAT32. The folder name is Image as per Navigation manual, when i go to customise image/copy from USB the images appear correct so its copying them alright  its only when i click on them to select to set as start up image that it goes wrong and i get the broken image symbol :helpsmilie:

OK so you copied them to the car and its not showing the broken image symbol on the right side but when turning the car on, it shows broken image symbol?

Best thing to do is probably start over again as I don't know why its doing it unless its too big or something like that

Try it again and set it to "both" and turn the display off, see if it works that way and it saves you from turning the car on and off each time.

Make sure the image is 800 x 480px btw. I found that works best

No it is showing the broken image symbol on the right hand side with the image files listed on the left hand side, it's just a list of the images and when I select one the broken image symbol pops up on the right hand side. Handbook says images can be up to 10mb in size and the 2 images I'm trying to copy are 4mb each. I think I gave you the impression that they are copying but they are not, they are just coming up in a list. I'll try again and if it fails I'll take a photo of the screen so you can see what I mean. 

In the handbook it shows the actual image, not the camera icon when selecting the file to copy over. It appears the car cannot recognise the file.

Can you post a screen capture of the contents of the USB? i.e. the file listing with extensions?

Agreed with above

Mine shows the actual pictures. Are the files OK and uncorrupted?

Also is the file originally jpg or been converted to jpg from another format? 

They are jpeg converted from a RAW file original, I shall get my camera out and take some original jpegs and see if it will recognise them, thanks for the replies.

3 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

No luck, jpeg straight from the camera exactly the same. Never mind I'll leave it for now and just enjoy the car 😎

That's really odd. Keep playing around. Might be worth trying amother usb

2 hours ago, Alan Plummer said:

Here is a copy of my one that I use.  You could try that just as a test.

I'm sure my son wont mind.....

Lexus3.jpg

@Lexman59 might have some trouble explaining that to the other half when it pops up for the first time!

• Like 1

Well  would you believe it the images i have been trying to copy have been taken with a very expensive Nikon SLR.  So i had an idea and i thought i'd try some images from my Iphone and guess what, they copied no problem. :yahoo:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

Well  would you believe it the images i have been trying to copy have been taken with a very expensive Nikon SLR.  So i had an idea and i thought i'd try some images from my iphone and guess what, they copied no problem. :yahoo:

Can't believe that! Camera must be too complex for the car to decipher