Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Conversion

Monster-Mat

i cannot find anywhere that does tuning bits for the Cologne engine............ :unsure:

ahem...........we used to do lots of Cologne engines, we even made our own aluminium 6 port cylinder heads, 3.6 litre stroker conversions, and triple Weber carb kits for them.

Not a nice engine by todays standards.

What you NEED in there is the glorious Toyota 3ZU V8 which is currently in the HKS Drag Supra producing 1500hp and doing 6 second quarter mile passes :o That's going some :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is a good site isnt it pete.

i cannot belive the price of a brand new 4.6 v8, with all ancils.....£4600 :)

supra 6 speed box from another conversion site i found ....£1700

adaptor plate for v8-6 speed....£200

so the V8 route is looking favorable...

still need a sd1 loom though.........

yes pete, any info you can get on the Cologne engines would be great, especially HP and Torque figures, and if they have the info on this engine with the turbotechnics conversion.

MARK.......what would you do....Cologne v6 with turbo or V8 or any other options.....im also considering an Altezza front clip from japan...

if you can get me the Toyota 3ZU V8 then i will fit it :winky:

MARK.......what would you do....Cologne v6 with turbo or V8 or any other options.....im also considering an Altezza front clip from japan...

if you can get me the Toyota 3ZU V8 then i will fit it :winky:

I think I would be more inclined to fit a serious 3SGT engine

a serious 3s-gte costs serious money though.....

heres a question mark, how much are the TODA racing 3s-gte engines..

and say....just say i fitted a 3s- i still have to integrate the electronics with the rest of the car.......back to the same situation i am with, with the v8

a V8 would produce ample controlable torque for drifting.......and the sound......oh the sound

but i have found this site for the V8, the price of the new engines is very tempting

V8 tuning

I was gonna post that link but you beat me to it.

I got my exchange motor/cam & dizzy from them a few years back - they seem quite good to deal with.

How about these Mat:

I was looking on eBay yesterday and they had two supra twin turbo

engines on there for sale £1500(not sure you would want to go down that route again)....and a 8 litre v10 from a dodge ram over 300 bhp standard !

and a bmw v12 5 litre ( the whole car for 5K ).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In Australia, the Lexus V8 (1UZFE) is readily available, and getting more and more pupular for killer conversions! There is a place here in Sydney who have bellhousings to suit V160 or W58 from the JZA80 that will bolt right up to the 1UZFE. The 1UZFE is miles ahead of our Holden and Ford V8's, which do punch out alot of power, but in terms of reliability and strength, nothing beats the 1UZFE!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links