Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Welcome to the Loc , in answer to your question , there is a place in Hampstead north London that swop your wheels for a refurbished set the price is about £ 300.00 item number on eBay is  331644310593.    Hope this is of help.

Allan

Are there any operators refurbing / swopping wheels in the Notts / Derbys area...I live in Ireland nobody over here but going to UK later on in the year.  Appreciate hearing from someone thank you.

I got mine done at http://www.perfectrims.co.uk/contact_us Prices starts as 50+VAT for 17inch.

Costed £312 for 4x17, but that was specific colour (black chrome £12 extra per rim + VAT). I cannot say I recommend them particularly, but they are OK. Rims workout darker than expected, but the actual finish was high quality cannot fault it. I guess my biggest problem was that I had to leave my car with them for 3 days (that is unless you have spare rims while yours are done) - not something strange to be honest as many smaller places work in same way.

not much more expensive, try some new ones on e-bay for £99 each, i believe they are originals from a so called online lexus shop ,they came in toyota packageing and a free lexus key ring :)

1 hour ago, cidersteve said:

not much more expensive, try some new ones on e-bay for £99 each, i believe they are originals from a so called online lexus shop ,they came in toyota packageing and a free lexus key ring :)

That is not very good idea as specifically original rims had poor paint which tended to peel, so basically you will pay £400 for rims which will need to be refurbished very soon. I would not recommend mobile repairs either, because they cost almost the same, but simply cannot match proper shop quality (unless you just need a quick cosmetic job for selling the car). Most important part of wheel refurbishment is acid bath stripping, which alone takes quite a few hours, then powder coating and baking in the oven - no way to be properly done in mobile refurb wan.

• Like 1

Can't really help with NW London but you can expect to pay between  £50-£80 a corner. There are plenty of places that do wheel refurbishment,  mostly based on small industrial estates. You just need to do a local search. 

As much as I love lexus I find the wheels dreadful for paint flaking.  My previous is220d had bubbling paint on all four wheels.  My current 250 fronts are now due a refurbishment but surprisingly the rears still look mint.

I have a week off work mid June and will be booking mine in to have all four refurbed and painted black as I really think they will look cool on my white car.

Ive been quoted £280 for the full set and I'll be without the car for 3 days. 😔

I totally agree with Rebecca. Lexus wheels are rubbish. I've had tatty old ford's and vauxhall over the years with not a hint of wheel corrosion. 

I'm on my second lexus now, both low milage cars but the wheels are a disgrace.  Paint flaking left right and centre. 

Not what you expect with a prestige car. Very disappointing. 

Any company offering mobile or one- (or same-) day turnaround must be using sand/grit blasting for paint and corrosion removal followed by painting with conventional paint. The result is going to be far less satisfactory than acid bath cleaning followed by powder coating. You may also need damage repair (eg to wheel rims if they have been curbed or deep corrosion) - all takes time and you can reckon 3 days for a proper job.

The costs won't be much different.

Don't know anyone near London but in the North West the one to go to is Prestige Wheels in Stockport.

• Like 4

Hi as suggested ,the mobile route is only a stop gap measure ,they don,t usually remove tyres ,just break the bead seal to allow painting ,I will not use this method again ,I speak from experience of the 2 worst wheel suppliers Mazda and Lexus  ; I cant understand Lexus ,as my son has a 12 year old Toyota with perfect original alloys used every day  Thanks to John for the Stockport recommendation not too far from me ,my wheels are 6 years old and will soon need attention

Dave

• Like 2

So... If the original Lexus alloy's are acid etched and powder coated when they start to deteriorate will they need doing again in a few years (barring any damage obs') or will they still deteriorate due to some poor alloy material for example.

Paul m.

To be honest I depend on the rims style, not all MK2 IS rims are bad from the factory, but the most popular type is really bad.

Worst offenders are 18 inch:

m2cmt_whqAAH15f6WnmPVIg.jpg

and 17 inch:

mwYw791DDftGobvVjrNhNMg.jpg

whereas my rims from 2011 IS250 Advance were fine and did not flake even after severe kerb damage and driving in the snow and salt abroad. As far as I know if properly stripped powder coated rims should not flake as the ones from the factory.

Linas is right. They will be fine if the wheels are restored to a good standard. If they can be kept clean quite regularly and kerb rash can be avoided, the finish will last for years. They'll essentially be better than new.

Regarding the timeframe, the place I used a couple of years ago can do the job in one day. And that's for a full multi-step restoration where the wheels are stripped bare (with acid), straightened if required, powder-coated and then painted/lacquered. Cost was £60+VAT per wheel (18") and the workmanship was superb. I'll be going back there if I need my IS-F wheels re-done.

• Like 2

My  17" as per your lower of two pictures were not good....car now 11 years from new 238k klms...nothing ever wrong but EGR cleaning and wheels...shouldn't complain really.

8 hours ago, johnatg said:

Don't know anyone near London but in the North West the one to go to is Prestige Wheels in Stockport.

This is useful advice as I live near Warrington...  Cheers John!