Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybriid System Mulfunction

Hi there,

i have Lexus NX 300h  4500miles  .Today i have warning light on dash sayng Hybrid System Mulfunction ,

The car drive well ,battery charging ,hybrid system working fine for me .i pop in to dealer and they sayd the same car working fine but they need to investigate .I drove car today for hour and check it today .So i list the problems

-Hybrid System mulfunction

-Pre crash system not working light on (i replace emblem as some one stoll my one and original cost £600 i replace few monts ago with no crash sensor one  ,but since then no problems was showing )

-Air condition not working but light is on

-i cannot switch between sport ,economy and normal mode ( if i want to do it i need to restart car)

the Energy monitor sometimes not swowing the way of energy  but hybrid system working well.

Any advise as i have booking with dealer but is after week .

i check car  battery  is 12.5 V on multimeter reader .

Thanks

I can understand why you checked your main car Battery, I had similar issues with one of my Saabs, getting different errors popping up, but nothing major, a few weeks later the Battery died, after putting in a new one, all random errors stopped happening.

Not sure of these batteries in the Lexus hybrids as they are a bit smaller than standard car batteries, the nominal  voltage on car batteries would usually come back at 13.8V, so 12.5 sounds a little low.

Vince

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

With the mileage I would assume that your Lexus is still under warranty but once you have the car back from the dealer could you post up what was found please?

You state:

Pre crash system not working light on (i replace emblem as some one stoll my one and original cost £600 i replace few monts ago with no crash sensor one  ,but since then no problems was showing )

Can you elaborate? - Could it be that by replacing the emblem and by disabling the crash sensor everything else has gone awry?

• 2 weeks later...

After Lexus diagnostic the fault code P0AA6 Inf 526 come up . they said ground cable is not making good contact and because previous work on engine has been  done by private garage they dont want to get involved even if i pay for the repair.

the car running perfect just the A/C not switching on and mesage still on dash . i suspect is somewere around the A/C bay as is getting power from hybrid system and if fail thats why faults codes comming up .

i replace emblem with original one . but still having this code as is not clear from ECU

thanks

Has the AC been repaired and re gassed? 

If the wrong oil is used in the AC system this can cause problems with ground faults in the compressor. The oil used should be ND11, and if PAG oil is used that will cause problems.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

After Lexus refuse to repair the fault i decide to do it my self .check every cable  at the car for disconections and after few hours i unpug the signal conectors at the AC compressor . there was a bit of  moist and i wipe it, dry it  properly and plug it back ,private garage clear codes and now there is no fault codes any more.

now Lexus will acept the car for check AC if need refil and thats all.I replace pre-crash emblem with original with sensor one .

End of long story after weeks of apointments and replaceent cars and phone calls and nerves with easy fix from myself .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

no i didn't found out how the water come to this connector . 

after drying out AC connector  still didn't turn up and i was thinking te ragas and went to dealership.They said is a hole in the radiator and they ask me is i want new radiator .i said i will test myself and replaced .i went home and remove the radiator from car (all gas went to atmosphere) as dealership told system is empty .was full of gas and test of the radiator show that nothing wrong .i fit all  again to the car and went to ragas to dealership . 

they charge me £100 and even no sorry .after ragas they said AC still not kick on and they said Compressor is burn and need new one but first of all need diagnostic few hours £180.00 per hour .i decline all this and went home -purchase Tech stream from Russians hackers and cable for £20.00 .run full AC diagnostic and see a code from previous water in signal cable (now fixed) .clear code .AC kick in instantly and now all ok. 

I'm not happy with Lexus London dealership 2 of them ,will not mention which one but they just try to sell and repair working parts. 

Very disappointed

• Like 1

Same Branch .

i have dashboard camera and every time they unplug and delete all videos but once they forgot and  after i book full diagnostic £200 Branch manager sayng to mechanic

on camera .

''Just read codes dont clear them and chuck the car away f..it  '' 

i was thinking to send all to the main branch but after i did not.No point

You should send it. You might get your money back.

Not sure where are you in London but I've used Guildford and Tunbridge Wells branch and they were good. Especially Guildford.

I've got techstream myself so I do not need to pay money for "diagnostic".

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

• Like 1