Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 bumper protectors

I'm just about to get my first Lexus, the rx300 2005 reg I'm looking for a rear bumper protector/ cover for the entry to the boot. I like the genuine Lexus ones but I'm not keen on having a black one on my silver car. Has anyone managed to find anyone that makes/ sells any silver chrome ones or maybe grey. 

Ive seen some nice ones for the newer 2009 rx but guess they wont fit my 05 

17 hours ago, Nickyt211 said:

I'm just about to get my first Lexus, the rx300 2005 reg I'm looking for a rear bumper protector/ cover for the entry to the boot. I like the genuine Lexus ones but I'm not keen on having a black one on my silver car. Has anyone managed to find anyone that makes/ sells any silver chrome ones or maybe grey. 

Ive seen some nice ones for the newer 2009 rx but guess they wont fit my 05 

I dont think they make grey ones. You could try the stainless steel ones but they're dearer.

Lexus birmingham usually sell accessories fairly cheap in comparison to everyone else on their eBay page. 

• 7 months later...

Hi Nickyt211, did you find what you wanted, if not (as new member and picking up older questions), had the same dilemma, but eventually used a boot liner approx £12 from TKMAX which has a large fold over rear flap (very strong material not just cheap plastic), it both protects from the dirt and so far after 3 years any scuffing.

• Like 1

I carry my wifes' disability buggy in the rear of my SE-L and have a LEXUS rubber boot mat to protect the floor, and use a blanket that I rollout over the bumper to protect it.

I have tucked the end under the boot flap, over the spare wheel, to keep it from slipping out. Maybe not elegant but does the job.   

• Like 1

Hi ChrisM,  

Try using velcro (I used old golf glove secure flaps), at each side in opposite corners of both the blanket and the floor panel. No-Nails,  Gorilla glue etc., or heavy duty staples may work or better still rivets through the floor panel. Simple to remove the blanket then if necessary.

• Like 1