Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'Cassic' car you wish you bought.

It has been mentioned that the IS-F will be a classic / collectible car one day.

This got me thinking. What car do you wish you had purchased when they were sensible money.

Me - Honda NSX

• Like 6

Ooh, good thread.

I bought a frogeye sprite for 200 quid, back in the early 70s, other cars available then, for similar money, that I'd love to own now, MkII Ford Zodiac, Vauxhall Cresta PA, and a nice red and white Sunbeam Rapier convertible.

• Like 2

Too many....

NSX is right up there but....  

E46 M3 CSL when they weren't 50k upwards.  I was going to buy an E46 M3 CS before I bought the ISF but the wife veto'd it due to only having 2 doors and our second car was a Mini Cooper S so needed a baby friendly vehicle.

Decent E46 M3 still on bucket list now but the standard ones are creeping up as well :-(

• Like 3

RS 2000 MK 1,was never a fan of the MK2.

My Dad once  bought a white Ford concul convertible with red interior back in the day just to get the engine out of it for his standard Concul.

He only paid £50 for it as spares or repair and then he just scrapped it after using the engine.That still comes up in family conversations 45 years on.

And ... A Ford Zephyr.

( Went on holiday (Taxi) in one. Front bench seat, no seat belts ( and a 99 with a flake ). 

HAPPY days.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Sunbeam Tiger ............ now very rare

Malc

I test drove one of these, back to back with an MGC and an MGB, all soft tops, all around the same £1200 mark, in the mid 70s.

I don't know whether the Tiger or the 'C' were great examples, as I never drove either model again, but I ended up buying the 'B', which was slower than the others, but a much nicer drive.

That's the great thing about dream cars though, the dream is often more enjoyable than the reality, and doesn't cost a penny.

• Like 4

I've been in the fortunate position over the past 45 years of driving to within reason drive/own what I've wanted so won't bore you all with the list now but you know what............

I know own a car that starts, stops, and goes very well with consistent reliability, can't say that  about anything from the list I haven't listed 😏

Long Live Lexus !

🐀

• Like 5

NSX

Lotus Carlton

Lotus Sunbeam

Lotus Cortina.....I owned one of these and sold it to buy a house.

Audi Quattro

Mercedes 190 2.3 16Cosworth

and the list goes on.....................

• Like 5

E30 M3. Had the poor man's version (318iS) about 15 years ago and loved it. I'll always regret not trading-up since they were still affordable at the time. Potential ownership costs and fear of it getting stolen put me off though. :sad:

• Like 2