Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is300h luxury media system - No sound from radio - at all

Hi all,

I have had my IS for around four months now and have been having on and off trouble with the radio regarding the sound cutting out. I had thought it was linked to the active sound so I turned that off in the sound settings, it seemed to have fixed the problem for about 2  or 3 months but it has happend again. It normally lasts for a day or two and then comes back on (the sound) but I would like to get this proplem resolved asap so I booked it in with Lexus. Has anyone on here at the same experience with the IS media system? and if so how did you resolve the issue?

Cheers.

you could try a reboot by pressing & holding the power button in for a bout 10 seconds

until the head turns off ,then turn the audio back on.reset done

Cheers 200h,

It was one of the first things I tried but no joy. I cant even change the audio settings now because there no sound, very annoying.

55 minutes ago, capese21 said:

Thanks for showing me this, it sound very like my own situation, hopefull I can get this resolved soon. 

if you have only just bought the car or have an extended warranty then it should be covered

the original warranty will of expired by now.

if the dealer says you need a head unit and it will be chargeable here is a link for a breaker

they have a few 300h's in stock.

http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/used-parts-breaking-vehicles/#list_top

Just been in with Lexus, and they spent an hour on it trying to figure out what the problem is with no avail. As it's no longer in warranty it could prove expensive to fix. The sound came back on today before I had taken it to Lexus but it only sounds normal when I am stopped in traffic but when I drive it brakes up like crazy almost as if it is linked to the speed I am going (I have auto volume turned off) but then I stop and the sound goes back to normal but sometimes I need to move the car an inch forward or so for the sound to go back to normal after stopping. I have to say it's not saying a lot about the quality of the media system if it's packing in after 3 years.

On 29/5/2017 at 6:47 PM, 200h said:

if you have only just bought the car or have an extended warranty then it should be covered

the original warranty will of expired by now.

if the dealer says you need a head unit and it will be chargeable here is a link for a breaker

they have a few 300h's in stock.

http://www.car-transplants.co.uk/used-parts-breaking-vehicles/#list_top

Thanks for the link It looks like it maybe my only option at this point. Would you say Lexus would fit it or would I have have to take it to someone who fits radios? As it's not a new part

12 hours ago, 200h said:

watch this video... [video follows]

Independently of the regrettable fact that something in there is not working in the case of Colm's IS, and while I admit to not being a

connoisseur of the innards of cars, I must say that the first few minutes I watched of the video before my attention started to stray and

my mind to boggle appeared to show a very solidly constructed and assembled piece of industrial design which, coincidentally,

exemplifies some of the more positive comments to be found in the Rattling from passenger seat thread elsewhere on this Forum.

Just checked my VIN on the Lexus recall checker and it says "We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall." So I gave my local dealer a ring to see what it is for because I did not get any more information from the recall checker. they are going to call me back.

Its a bit odd as my car was just with them yesterday but they never mentioned anything about a recall?

That'll be a wheel arch corrosion customer service campaign. 

Yes, I also had the same with my dealer. I spotted it before they did.

It won't be anything to do with your radio. Sorry 

17 hours ago, matt8 said:

That'll be a wheel arch corrosion customer service campaign. 

Yes, I also had the same with my dealer. I spotted it before they did.

It won't be anything to do with your radio. Sorry 

I knew I wouldn't be that lucky! did it take them long to do? I got a price from my Lexus dealer to replace the radio and it was almost 3000 euro. I have wrote to Lexus about this, not expecting much from them but I said I'd give it a shot. Very bad lifespan for a media system in a Lexus.

On 31/5/2017 at 7:35 PM, 200h said:

watch this video it shows how to remove the centre console to gain access to the head unit for removal

There was a time where I would have happily given this a go, but I would be afraid of causing more damage to it... but if my hands are really tied I will. I think the head unit (the brain) is behind the screen? 

the head unit is where you put a cd / dvd in and the micro sd for the nav

to remove the screen just in front of the screen there is a plastic panel

unclip this remove 2 screws then unclip the screen,i am wondering if

you can retrofit the newer larger screen in place of the std screen.

1 hour ago, 200h said:

I am wondering if

I am wondering the same thing...

6 hours ago, 200h said:

Cheers... I'm thinking now if I do this, will I need to still bring it to Lexus for them to connect it there computer for it to work, because in other cars the electronics are linked to the car with id's. Will I need to get a p nav replacement because it's what I have with the r camera.

at car transplants have a look for the IS in titainium with the cream interior it looks like it has the premium nav installed.

21 hours ago, 200h said:

i am wondering if

Unfortunately not. Somebody tried to do this on an RC-F in the US and the connectors were different :-(

On 6/2/2017 at 10:59 PM, 200h said:

at car transplants have a look for the IS in titainium with the cream interior it looks like it has the premium nav installed.

Sent them an email, so hopefully they still have it, woundering if any of the information from the crashed car will pop up when I put it in my car or maybe thats all comes from the main ECU!

On 6/2/2017 at 3:59 PM, 200h said:

That's good to know, hopefully that will fix the issue and its not something else!

Not pushed about the screen at all. I'll just be happy when I can listen to my Spotify again!

• 1 month later...
On 31/5/2017 at 7:35 PM, 200h said:

Hi all, will I done it... got the replacement raido and fitted fine with no issues!.... but the same problem is still there absolute joke! But at least it rules out the raido so I'm going to guess it's a wiring problem! Going to bring it to Lexus tomorrow morning and I will expect a really big bill and 

Hopefully it will be fixed! But there is a chance that they won't be able to fix it! This whole thing is just one big mystery! I didn't think I would ever say this but... when this all done I don't think I will ever buy a Lexus again! 

But then again  my be I will...

thanks again for all the help!

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...