Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My lovely daughter decided to adjust her manual seat position on our driveway while manoeuvring her Ford Focus that has a slight inclination.

This resulted in the seat shooting fully back to the point her feet couldn't reach the pedals. 

After the crunch sound, my Lexus LS430 immaculate rear bumper was damaged to the near side, mainly because the impact from her front bumper was the part containing the tow fixing!

2 questions?

I can't find my paint code under the bonnet or inside the doors - where is it hiding?

Would I be better to buy a new bumper skiing, I've seen one on eBay for £85 the same colour match?

My guess is that a bumper skin change with all the reversing sensors and fixings could be more of a problem than a bit of bumper filler and touch up spray.

With a bit of hunting I found. Plate on the inner wing offside under the bonnet, and after cleaning can make out as follows:

MODEL : UCF30R-AEAGKW

C/TR/A/TM: 4P7LR04A01AA650E

I guess it is part of the latter for my paint code?

Should be a bronze/gold metallic if that helps?

I presume Lexus/Toyota only to buy a tin of paint?

Damien

4P7 is the colour code for your car and the colour is classified as "beige mettalic"

You can get this colour online at any autopaint suppliers but I would caution trying to spray it yourself as you will never blend it.

Better to take it to a good bodyshop and get the bumper resprayed as it will probably need filling.

Thanks Phil,

I get your point about a professional finish having just DIY refurbished some LS430 wheels I'm selling and you are absolutely right.

However, it's not a valuable car now and I'm just looking to make it a bit better (from a short distance away!)

It would be good to know if a replacement rear bumper (skin) that I've seen on eBay the same colour would be easy to swap - anyone done this before?

• 1 year later...

• 4 months later...