Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience or recommendations on so-called nano-coatings or polymer sealants. I am currently in process of detailing my car, to see which panels I can touch up and salvage and which ones have to be painted (potentially whole car otherwise). After leveling all the spots, wet sanding and polishing I guess it would be the best time to apply proper sealant. I am not really considering a professional application as in UK large cars (as apparently, IS250 is large) goes for astronomical money (that is £400 upwards to 4 digits), so I am planning to get some consumer grade stuff.

Few products which most imminently comes to my head are Gtechniq range (liked their P1 compound a lot), I know there are few more across the pond where car culture is more freely expressed (like Opticoat), but they are either not available or stupidly priced here.

So my list of interest would start with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (seems to be closest to product for professional application available for consumers), then EXO and C1. Which brings the second question as these are similarly priced - is there any benefit of Crystal Serum over EXO or C1, or vice versa? Then there is Nanolex Si3D, but that is not the same as Nanolex Premium or Professional Sealant. Finally, CQuartz again only consumer product is up for purchase and to get your hands on Finest or Extreme "versions" you would need to become partner/distributor/professional application shop.

Any other you have tried or could recommend? 

46 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I had the Williams ceramic coating applied prior to me collecting my new RC. 6 months and 5k miles on it still beading well..

Dont really like rate the water behaviour of that - my £25 wax beads better after 6 months! Soft99 Fusso FTW :yahoo:

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Cquartz without a doubt - best bang for buck

They all quite similarly priced ~£40-50 with delivery. CQuartz Classic (aka ti02) or CQuartz UK edition (aka Si02)? 

Have had both GTechniq and CQ on my cars and both performed very well. Easy to wash and beaded well for over a year. I also gave the paintwork a good going over with wax to add to the protection.  The price you've been quoted seems on the high side, but I suppose that's the normal for the London area.

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

They all quite similarly priced ~£40-50 with delivery. CQuartz Classic (aka ti02) or CQuartz UK edition (aka Si02)? 

CquartzUK is the one you want. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Have had both GTechniq and CQ on my cars and both performed very well. Easy to wash and beaded well for over a year. I also gave the paintwork a good going over with wax to add to the protection.  The price you've been quoted seems on the high side, but I suppose that's the normal for the London area.

Which one you had from Gtechniq? Assuming that was professional application should have been Crystal Serum? The point is even for say £200-300 (which would be on low side of price) I would not do it... so the only option is to DIY

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Which one you had from Gtechniq? Assuming that was professional application should have been Crystal Serum? The point is even for say £200-300 (which would be on low side of price) I would not do it... so the only option is to DIY

Yes it was the Crystal Serum. One year in and the finish is still good, plus I put the GTechniq stuff on the glass, water just runs up the screen at at anything over 40mph. I also give it a good wax every two or three washes. The main thing with the application is to keep the car dry at least overnight. 

• Like 1

hehe "controlled environment" I've seen a lot of the numpties that do the applications of these products for dealerships, if they can do it in a tin valeting shed and get it right any enthusiast with a garage will make just a professional job.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links