Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P1238

J  m

Lexus is 220d  2007 p1238 fault code and intermittent  misfire ,if I unhook the Battery and leave it it resets ,I have tried new  fuel filter ,bg244,  
Any ideas please.?

Hello,

Fault code P1238 means there is something wrong with one of your injectors.

You would need Toyota's TechStream software to be able to determine which injector is not working properly.

• 5 weeks later...

eBay would be your best bet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16pin-Mini-VCI-Toyota-Lexus-TIS-TechStream-OBD2-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-/112063076459?epid=714481939&hash=item1a177ad86b:g:Vw0AAOSwqfNXj555

This one claims to be the new version which removes the 32-bit operating system requirement.

I can vouch for this eBay Mini VCI Cable & software as coming with 64 bit drivers (and its <£15 & UK seller). It installed OK on my 64bit Windows 7 laptop and recognises the dongle.......But, I've not had a chance to connect it to my IS250 yet as immediately after I installed it I discovered that Iwas going to a family funeral, in Bangkok, which is where I am for the next couple of weeks...... The disk has four versions, the most recent has a video to guide you through the install process which worked exactly as they showed.

Regards,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew,

have you successfully tested out the eBay version of TechStream 64bit?  I am about to buy the same and just wanted to know it runs satisfactorily and what your thoughts are ?  I have a 220D with the usual EML lights on , even post EGR cleans so want to try to diagnose the issues without giving a king's ransom to a dealer !  Thanks

Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links