Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Update

Hi Everyone.

Another CT owner here and what a great car

Last week I bought a '63 plate F Sport from a Lexus Main dealer who informed me that I could update my Sat Nav by going online and downloading to a USB. I have tried in vain to sign up to the Lexus customer portal in order to download an upgrade for the sat nav. Upon calling Lexus Head Office, I am told that the portal has not been working since the bank holiday weekend. I have also been informed that even if the portal was working, sat nav downloads are no longer possible from the website and have to be done by the dealership. Please can anyone  let me know what the current update will cost and how I go about obtaining it?

Thanks in advance for any help in solving this problem

Rayofsunshine

i think you have crossed wires here ,i feel your talking about the nav software and the dealer is talking about nav map updates which can be

done on the portal and at a cost for around £150

Still prefer Garmin, I can take it anywhere, get a lifetimes updates and the all up cost was less than a single Lexus update.

ye i would like to get update as well my maps are 2007 version so sometimes its confusing when it says take second exit on the roundabout, but there is no roundabout anymore :wacko: or sometimes i drive on the road and the map shows that i am driving on the field :w00t:

• Like 1

Hi All.

Just to keep you updated (excuse the pun!) My Lexus sales person has informed me that the sat nav map updates can only be done at the dealership now as no longer available on the Lexus Portal. The cost is £156..... a lot of money, I know, but I really don't want to have two display screens in my car (one on the dashboard and the other stuck to my windscreen!). The car is going in on Monday for some body panel repairs so have opted for paying for the update at the same time.

Regards

Ray

On 2017-6-8 at 10:18 PM, rayofsunshinegbr said:

Hi All.

Just to keep you updated (excuse the pun!) My Lexus sales person has informed me that the sat nav map updates can only be done at the dealership now as no longer available on the Lexus Portal. The cost is £156..... a lot of money, I know, but I really don't want to have two display screens in my car (one on the dashboard and the other stuck to my windscreen!). The car is going in on Monday for some body panel repairs so have opted for paying for the update at the same time.

Regards

Ray

Always find map updates aren't "up to date"

Hence, never paid for them and never had an issue - roads don't change as much as people think they do.

48 minutes ago, 200h said:

unless you are going to a brand new address then you will still get there with an out of date nav maps

Depends on how often you end up going to a brand new address - if its only once a while, Id rather just use google maps for that than fork out £156

• Like 2

I tried to upgrade mine. I will need 450 GBp and 12 hours :yahoo:. Nope. As rayaans said, if once in while use the phone :wolfwood:

Is that £450 or 450Gb?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, thar said:

Is that £450 or 450Gb?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

British pounds :yahoo: my laptop has American keyboard and I cant find the pound sign :yucky: