Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hardwiring Dash cam

That's neat Rayaan, far less visible from outside too.

Here's a pic of mine in the RX.  I couldn't get a shot from outside, the glass was too reflective.  The lens just peeks beneath the shading.

DSCF0105.JPG

30 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

That's neat Rayaan, far less visible from outside too.

Here's a pic of mine in the RX.  I couldn't get a shot from outside, the glass was too reflective.  The lens just peeks beneath the shading.

DSCF0105.JPG

Yes indeed it appears we've done a  similiar setup although with the RX you probably can't put it on the other side due to the rain sensor.

SD card has arrived and been plugged in - will have to test it out in due course.

3 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

A little tip, the SD card may need formatting before it will work.  Had to format mine.

Yep, did that already in the dash cam menu so should be OK.

• 2 months later...

An update to this - the dashcam itself is working fine. However, I took the SD card to see some clips on my computer and the PC just says that Drive F (the SD card slot) is not in a readable format and that it needs to format the SD card. 

Having said that, the dashcam doesn't seem to have any problem recording and doesn't show any messages.

Do I have a duff SD card?

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

An update to this - the dashcam itself is working fine. However, I took the SD card to see some clips on my computer and the PC just says that Drive F (the SD card slot) is not in a readable format and that it needs to format the SD card. 

Having said that, the dashcam doesn't seem to have any problem recording and doesn't show any messages.

Do I have a duff SD card?

Not necessarily.  What is the file extension ?  My previous dashcam played on Windows Media Player no problem, I sold that with the IS250C.

I bought a new one for the RX and the file extension is .MOV.  This is an apple file and I had to download Quicktime for Windows (or something like that to allow me to see the files.

Just checked and it's called "QuickTime Player".  Maybe this is the difficulty you're experiencing ?

53 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Not necessarily.  What is the file extension ?  My previous dashcam played on Windows Media Player no problem, I sold that with the IS250C.

I bought a new one for the RX and the file extension is .MOV.  This is an Apple file and I had to download Quicktime for Windows (or something like that to allow me to see the files.

Just checked and it's called "QuickTime Player".  Maybe this is the difficulty you're experiencing ?

Well previously they were .MOV.

The problem is, that when I put the SD card into the PC - it says Drive F is unreadable and needs to be formatted before use. Obviously formatting on the PC will erase everything.

.MOV plays fine on Windows 10 built in media player but it just doesn't show any files when putting the SD card in and says it needs formatting.

Is it a SanDisk card? I've seen reports of them being dodgy in dashcams. Plus it's possibly a fake card.

I had the same issue with one I bought from eBay. Replaced it with a Samsung one I bought in the High street and problem gone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Is it a SanDisk card? I've seen reports of them being dodgy in dashcams. Plus it's possibly a fake card.

I had the same issue with one I bought from eBay. Replaced it with a Samsung one I bought in the High street and problem gone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah not a SanDisk but a Samsung Evo. Or what I thought was a Samsung evo. 

Turns out its a fake after doing some research and I used h2testw to check it because the Internet told me to do so and it's only 8gb! 

Ah well, I've bought a Samsung evo+ to replace it. Hopefully it's genuine

• Like 1