Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drove an LC500 today.

Soperman

14 hours ago, wendle said:

LC not having a sun roof, the seats being a lot less bolstered and the hight from the floor to the scuff plate sill is a lot lower i actually found it easer to get in and out than the RC ( which admittedly does have a sunroof ).

LC does have sunroof, just not the Sport/Sport+ option which comes with carbon roof.

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

LC does have sunroof, just not the Sport/Sport+ option which comes with carbon roof.

yep your right, its more of a glass roof than a sunroof because it doesn't open so i don't think it would interfere with head room like a normal sunroof would.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wendle said:

yep your right, its more of a glass roof than a sunroof because it doesn't open so i don't think it would interfere with head room like a normal sunroof would.

Yes... sorry you right. For me the glass roof and sunroof are the same i.e. gives a more spacious feeling, I would not open it anyway to let any filthy air in from outside. But if looking from space and headroom perspective obviously it makes no sense for you.

On the other topic - I am 6.2 and I didn't have issue with headroom in RC, and in terms of glass roof in LC I guess it gives maybe ~inch of extra space vs carbon fiber + headlining? Not much help in terms of getting in, but still bit more space when seated.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, wendle said:

although while i was at the Lexus LC event someone did purchase a yellow one. 

Has there been an LC event in the UK? If so I'll have to give my dealer a kick as I asked them to let me know. Or maybe they think I'm not the right sort of customer? I am over 50 and over 6ft, so seem to tick two of the boxes....

• Like 1

there are two cars one V8 and one Hybrid being circulated around the dealerships, each dealership only having then for a day, if you have shown any interest then your dealership should have been in touch with you. i think the main lunch will be mid July when the dealerships get there demonstrators.

The dealer nearest to me didn't tell me about it either even though I had already spoken to them about the LC500. I then called another dealer and they invited me to their one day event. 

Thanks, I'll ask Lexus Chester what is going on and then phone the other nearby ones. I'll let you know what comes up

Yep red one and silver one going around. Didn't realise how big the thing would be until I saw it in person.  It has a bigger footprint than an RX to my eyes

I didn't think it was that big. I've currently got a 6 series BMW which is longer than the LC. 

They had red and yellow cars when I went. 

For anyone that is interested I think they are showing several at Goodwood next week.

On 2017-6-19 at 10:44 PM, Jules640 said:

I didn't think it was that big. I've currently got a 6 series BMW which is longer than the LC. 

They had red and yellow cars when I went. 

For anyone that is interested I think they are showing several at Goodwood next week.

Must have just been me then but it looked longer than my RX. It was definitely wider though.

I agree completely that it is a very wide car.

Again, I am used that with the 6 series, although I think the LC may be slightly wider.

I have surround view cameras on my current car but the LC doesn't have them. I think I will really miss that as it makes parking and manoeuvring in tight spaces so much easier.

I have had a few (wide) 2 door coupes and the main problem is the long doors in narrow parking spaces - you can't get in and out! I park mine in the centre of a double garage at home.

I have parked neatly in a car park space and come back to find someone (who obviously doesn't observe their surroundings and think about others) parked VERY close to the driver's door. I had to get a young lad to squeeze in and roll the car forward so I could get in. Before you say "get in the passenger side", these coupes generally have a big transmission tunnel which makes it nigh on impossible to do this if you are my age.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I used to get so fed up with this back when i owned coupes that I'd park on the outer edges of the car parks at an angle across 2 spaces, preferably on the end of a row just so I could get back into my car. To this day I prefer to park on the edge of car parks and enjoy a bit of exercise (although no longer take up two spaces as I have a 5 door rx ) rather than risk door dings and difficult access. 

• Like 1

I've always parked my cars reasonably far away in a space where there are spaces on each side

I always tend to find that someone parks next to my car when Im back - luckily, they usually have a nice shiny BMW/Merc so maybe clean cars just attract more clean cars with owners who are less likely to scratch you!

Just had my invite to the Nottingham dealer event it's 29 and 30 July. You need to phone to book a test drive but if you're only looking then just turn up for refreshments etc.