Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf vs LC500

Went along to Lexus Edinburgh tonight and was offered a test drive of this bad boy, with a professional driver sitting next to me. 

Must admit it looks great and didn't half turn heads when out on the road.

The V8 is very quiet in comparison to the ISF and you can barely hear it running at idle. Much less induction noise above 4k but the exhaust note is abit beefier sounding.  

The professional guy had driven the LC at Goodwood and was keen to show me all the driving modes and tell me off for not holding the wheel properly lol

Anyways I don't think I'll be trading in the ISF just yet. IS feels alot more raw in comparison even if it doesn't have the technology and stunning looks. Nothing to do with the price of course 😁

IMG_20170608_181430.jpg

IMG_20170608_181956.jpg

IMG_20170608_181412.jpg

IMG_20170608_181939.jpg

IMG_20170608_181301.jpg

IMG_20170608_181424.jpg

• Like 4

I thought it looked stunning in the flesh. The pics don't give an idea of how wide and low the front end is. 

I'm a fan of the I8 but this makes it look abit ordinary. In my opinion of course. 

• Like 2

Rear view reminds me of  Renault Megane  somehow.

Anyway, I hope it succeeds  (and compresses Turkey (RCF) prices further down) ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mike m said:

I thought it looked stunning in the flesh. The pics don't give an idea of how wide and low the front end is. 

I'm a fan of the I8 but this makes it look abit ordinary. In my opinion of course. 

I had quite opposite opinion on this - LC is a wonderful looking car on its own, but after i8 it looks a bit ordinary and normal. Obviously, there are as many opinions as there are people. I personally, never like grey cars (sorry rat) but even other colours of LC looks rather normal, yellow is outright ugly for me, black somehow is a bit dull - my choice would be maybe burgundy red or deep blue...

Interior is different story - I believe LC has one of the best looking interiours whereas same i8 is pretty much standard BMW

• Like 1

I know where your coming from with the I8. I had a chance to get a good look at a white one the other day in the works car park and I didn't like the back end on it. Like everything it's personal preferences. 

They had a sonic red LC500h with alot of beige leather. Wasn't sure about the interior but the colour looked great.

IMG_20170608_173605.jpg

• Like 4

I guess LC is kind of more organic, natural (not a bad thing) - whereas i8 is futuristic... to the level it stands out from any cars surrounding it - it looks like it doesn't belong to this time. A bit like DeLorean in back to the future ( I am sure if they would remake the film i8 would be the actor).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mike m said:

I know where your coming from with the I8. I had a chance to get a good look at a white one the other day in the works car park and I didn't like the back end on it. Like everything it's personal preferences. 

They had a sonic red LC500h with alot of beige leather. Wasn't sure about the interior but the colour looked great.

IMG_20170608_173605.jpg

Yep. The red does it for me 

• Like 1

In case anyone wonders what it looks like from above. Taken from the Lexus hospitality box at Goodwood last year

DSCN1411 b.jpg

• Like 6

Wow! 

What was was the performance and handling like compared to the ISF I am contemplating an LC500 one day. 

Were you impressed I left wanting more ?

Thought this view look familiar, I was up there on the Saturday. I thought it looked really smart - more like a concept car than one for production.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G10RRE said:

Wow! 

What was was the performance and handling like compared to the ISF I am contemplating an LC500 one day. 

Were you impressed I left wanting more ?

Unfortunately it was ****** with rain, heavy traffic and on roads I'm not familiar with but I did manage to open it up through 2nd into 3rd a couple of times. I think it put it's power down better than my ISF but i didn't notice it feeling any quicker. I couldn't get over how distant feeling that V8 felt, not even a bit of vibration off it and very quiet.  The seating position was much lower but very comfortable and the suspension made the whole car feel silky smooth. 

I found the dash displays overwhelming , way too much to take in plus the guy was flicking through the driving modes so I wasn't getting a chance to take it all in properly.

I'd love to own one but I'd be terrified to park it anywhere, I'm bad enough with my ISF which hides in the garage most of the time. Probably why I've been thinking about replacing it with an imported FJ cruiser.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reviews guys, I've been reading more online and it's sounding like a good car indeed! As mentioned it is priced well, not sure what finance deals there are at UK dealerships.

I read online that the new 10 speed is smoother and faster than the current 8 speed in the RCF GSF which is promising! I feel the 8 speed in my ISF is a bit sluggish from say 6th - 2nd on kick down, seems to stumble it's way down. From 7th to 2nd is pretty fast so hope the new 10 speed is better all round.

The ISF Manual mode is super fast in any instance, is the new 10 speed the same with 100ms upshifs at WOT?

I think have to bite the bullet and get a test drive if possible for the future potential purchase.

Still hoping one day for that LF A V10 to filter down to an affordable car... LC F perhaps ... I Wish 😁

Lexus Edinburgh will be getting a yellow Lc500 in July sometime.

The 10 speed box was quick in manual mode but not sure about figures. I thought it was quicker downshifting and liked how it had a real reluctance to drop into 1st by itself in manual mode when crawling unlike the isf where 1st gear is always a lumpy downshift. 

52 minutes ago, wendle said:

apparently the LC-F will have a 4ltr twin turbo...600hp

thats what i have been told

Seems like that engine will be going in the next GS-F also..... What a machine that will be!  

8 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Seems like that engine will be going in the next GS-F also..... What a machine that will be!  

personally, i don't mind the extra power for the same GS-F price but  I would like keeping the current engine as a GS400 and slash the price.

I think that we have started losing the purpose here, less so the Lexus but more the germans. new M5 more than 600bhp, 0-100 3.4sec. I mean who needs that?

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

personally, i don't mind the extra power for the same GS-F price but  I would like keeping the current engine as a GS400 and slash the price.

I think that we have started losing the purpose here, less so the Lexus but more the germans. new M5 more than 600bhp, 0-100 3.4sec. I mean who needs that?

Just bragging rights but many buyers want to own a car that is "0-60 in 3...." or as fast as possible. So it's a marketing point, as you say who really needs that. 

9 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Just bragging rights but many buyers want to own a car that is "0-60 in 3...." or as fast as possible. So it's a marketing point, as you say who really needs that. 

Agree with this, it ends up becoming an arm's race between the manufacturers.  All it takes is one company to make a competent car with massive power and the competitors will follow suit to match.

Personally, love loads of power as long as it doesn't ruin the drive.  Just because a car has 6,000,000 bhp doesn't mean you have to drive fast.  Just means when you feel like it you can do wheel spins at 100mph!!!lol

• Like 1