Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic light Grand Prix.

I think we must be on volume 3 of @Rusty Crobar's Greatest Welsh Traffic Light Grand Prix Encounters.

In my year of ISF ownership, I've not had anyone try it on.

How about you? Give us your stories......

(I'm sure, like Rusty, in all stories, you were late and so was the other party)

• Like 1

I think we must be on volume 3 of @Rusty Crobar's Greatest Welsh Traffic Light Grand Prix Encounters.

In my year of ISF ownership, I've not had anyone try it on.

How about you? Give us your stories......

(I'm sure, like Rusty, in all stories, you were late and so was the other party)

• Like 1

All the time, most recently last weekend, any signs of spirited driving (on my side) and there's usually someone who has a go. Most of the time they are underpowered compared to the isf because they just think it's a tricked up Avensis, this makes me smile! 😁 I rarely entertain them (although I would love to) as after the first 6 seconds of a race you're into speeds that will get your licence taken away 😔 

• Like 4

Subaru sti

Audi A8

Audi S4

Seat 

Saab turbo

BMW M3 

All of them must have thought I was a boy racer with a body kit, I wear a baseball cap back to front sometimes just to entice them heehee

Not one of them beat the isf, they **** them self's I think once they notice they have been set up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Subaru sti

Audi A8

Audi S4

Seat 

Saab turbo

BMW M3 

All of them must have thought I was a boy racer with a body kit, I wear a baseball cap back to front sometimes just to entice them heehee

Not one of them beat the isf, they **** them self's I think once they notice they have been set up.

Most recent who had a go:

BMW 335d xdrive. 

Audi S3.

Ford Focus (probably 1.6) 😉 

• Like 2

I have had a few with the ISF against lots of different things, some were quicker than I expected some not as quick as I expected, interestingly nothing has seriously shown itself as being much quicker than the ISF, M3, M5, RS whatever, Ferrari 360 , Jaguar FType R, although I am normally "ready" if something interesting pulls along side me, left foot on the brake in sport mode, manual selected..........................and away we go............................. I did trail  a Type R Golf in the wet one day, just couldn't get the power down, but it did exactly what I expected a 4 wheel drive car to do.

• Like 4

A Cupra R driver gave the "thumps up" at the traffic lights but my oil temp was on 1 bar so I shock my head at him. We had a brief chat and when the lights changed he floored it. That's was the only occasion in my 1 year of ownership. 

Just now, steve2006 said:

I think I have successfully merged the 2 posts due to a glitch come user error :biggrin:

Well done Steve it's his age...... @Flytvr now which is the accelerator and which is the brake whoa............. 😁

🐀

Paul my computer skills have never gone forward since the mid 70s when it was ticker tape with holes in it and Basic programming so when the mod screen asks for the URL to merge I struggle but assumed that was the www. bit which I managed to copy and wallpaper paste.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

A Cupra R driver gave the "thumps up" at the traffic lights but my oil temp was on 1 bar so I shock my head at him. We had a brief chat and when the lights changed he floored it. That's was the only occasion in my 1 year of ownership. 

Yep it was a Seat Cupra R my isf destroyed, he was up my arse until it went into 2 lanes and we got caught at lights, I was already in sport Manual mode. The look on his birds face when they pulled up beside me at next set of lights was wonderful. He couldn't look at me.

It's addictive.

26 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Paul my computer skills have never gone forward since the mid 70s when it was ticker tape with holes in it and Basic programming so when the mod screen asks for the URL to merge I struggle but assumed that was the www. bit which I managed to copy and wallpaper paste.

Hate to break it to you Steve, but you're even older than you thought.

I was a computer operator, then programmer from 1969 to 1978, and even in 69, they had moved on to punch cards at ICI, where I worked.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

@steve2006 Listen anybody who has the b.... to run a car related website in this day and age has my undying admiration, you only have to go and look at sites like Pistonheads where there are a considerable number of posters who clearly haven't the slightest bit of interest in the subject matter and simply want to alienate and insult all others.

Whereas on here it's populated by the intelligent polite informative type of poster who strictly stick to the subject matter and never have stupid inane conversations about food drink car colour and heaven forbid even mention age or driving skills or lack there of.

Ask anybody in the isF forum who will I'm sure back me up in this 🤥

🐀

• Like 6

Had some fun on the way home today trying to follow 2 big capacity bikes on the dual carriageway. They would have left me behind but for the heavy traffic. Got a thumbs up from them after 😎.

I also had a random pedestrian poke their head through my open window this morning and ask me to rev my engine for him! Obviously I didn't disappoint 😂 

#publicservice 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Had some fun on the way home today trying to follow 2 big capacity bikes on the dual carriageway. They would have left me behind but for the heavy traffic. Got a thumbs up from them after 😎.

I also had a random pedestrian poke their head through my open window this morning and ask me to rev my engine for him! Obviously I didn't disappoint 😂 

#publicservice 

You should have sent the window up, trapped him and took him for a spin, drop the window on a roundabout...........................happy days.............

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mark G said:

You should have sent the window up, trapped him and took him for a spin, drop the window on a roundabout...........................happy days.............

Good job I didn't, he walked straight in to my office after!

• Like 4