Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic light Grand Prix.

On 18/06/2017 at 5:25 PM, Flytvr said:

First time ever. VW Golf R32 (Mk5). I don't think he knew much about Lexus ISFs :)

Actually it wasn't a Golf R32 it was a Polo 1.0L (whilst I was driving round the Nurburgring). Polo / Golf - they all look the same to me.

mr-magoo-car-color-crop.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/07/2017 at 7:42 PM, Big Rat said:

I don't know really this just so childish you wouldn't see me or @Mark G or @Warrington guy or ................ cough cough any of us responsible.........isF owners behaving in such a way............. 😂

IMG_0391.thumb.JPG.65fd9dcd5ecf2c8ab6515179d02bf61f.JPG

As evidenced here with me travelling at precisely 29.9 mph 🤣

🐀

Dear Mid Wales Rozzers.

Whilst out walking in mid-Wales, we witnessed this yobbo driving like an idiot.

I shot this image at 1/8000th of a second at F2.8. From this you should have sufficient evidence to prosecute this Toyota Avensis driver.

Kindest regards.

Flytvr (Editor Of Volvo & Caraving Classics)

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Dear Mid Wales Rozzers.

Whilst out walking in mid-Wales, we witnessed this yobbo driving like an idiot.

I shot this image at 1/8000th of a second at F2.8. From this you should have sufficient evidence to prosecute this Toyota Avensis driver.

Kindest regards.

Flytvr (Editor Of Volvo & Caraving Classics)

@Flytvr And I thought you loved me, now you've dobbed me into the bizzies, what am I to think now.

I was just choosing your Christmas card with Simon from Lexus Bristol............ 😂

IMG_3127.JPG.fda35da4918a22c07a10cd7f759585b6.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr And I thought you loved me, now you've dobbed me into the bizzies, what am I to think now.

I was just choosing your Christmas card with Simon from Lexus Bristol............ 😂

IMG_3127.JPG.fda35da4918a22c07a10cd7f759585b6.JPG

Big Rat

Lexus Bristol. I love them I do. I will soon be documenting their excellent service

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Some of you need to consider what your posting.

If you ever have the misfortune to be involved in a bad accident, and it goes to court, they may well search your posting history and use it against you.

To see what can happen, if you aren't already aware of this case, put ten pence short in to google, and read his musings from his prison cell.

I understand what you are saying, however what you have said in a post in the past is not going to get you locked up.....................it is just  something you have posted, without corroborating evidence it means nothing.................all in IMHO...........................

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark G said:

I understand what you are saying, however what you have said in a post in the past is not going to get you locked up.....................it is just  something you have posted, without corroborating evidence it means nothing.................all in IMHO...........................

Mark, if you check google, as I suggested, you'll see that the blokes posting history was used in evidence.

That said, I'm not bothered what people post, I just wanted them to be aware of what can happen, if they're luck runs out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Mark, if you check google, as I suggested, you'll see that the blokes posting history was used in evidence.

That said, I'm not bothered what people post, I just wanted them to be aware of what can happen, if they're luck runs out.

Fair point

31 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

PhotoText.thumb.jpg.403ca231a12a5d59d595a7de56c126d7.jpg

@emjay82 I still love you Michelin Man after all I worked for you and your company and I still feel that your tyres were then and still are today the best all round money can buy.

But now I'm just a poor builder trying to make a crust it's not easy when you are trying to compete with all these other blokes in suits sat in offices in the warm and dry on 100k + salaries whocan still use your products.

Whereas I have to choose between feeding Mrs Rat or fit Nanking ditch finders to the 'F' life's so cruel..........

Big Rat

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mikeyv said:

I understand what your saying but this thread talks about what people have done, not what they plan on doing at the weekend like it was in 10p shorts posts.  Also, the posts aren't what put him in prison, it was the accident.

We are all in a position where if we were ever to have an unfortunate accident, there are no posts on this thread showing prior intent to drive like a knob that day.  

The only reason the police used his posts were because he had previously said they were going for a blast the day the accident occurred.

Appreciate the debate however Mikey, hope you don't take the post the wrong way

Marcus

On 6/20/2017 at 0:14 AM, -nick- said:

M140i on the m62 wanted to play, very childish of me but he got battered, he looked quite surprised.

Interesting that an M140 was significantly slower, I wouldn't have thought there'd be anything in it

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Interesting that an M140 was significantly slower, I wouldn't have thought there'd be anything in it

As I mentioned before, that is all about anticipation and being prepared. He just though there is another "boring" IS220d in his way... and he couldn't be more wrong. So whereas M140i is quite nicely matched in terms of performance to IS-F the guy was just no prepared to floor it... and when he realised the mistake it was obviously too late. Same as in my daily commute battles I take on some newer hot-hatches which de-facto slightly faster, but simply doesn't anticipate response from Lexus.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

A friend of mine has a 140i and having driven it, I doubt there is much in it.  

Ugly as sin however

2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I understand what your saying but this thread talks about what people have done, not what they plan on doing at the weekend like it was in 10p shorts posts.  Also, the posts aren't what put him in prison, it was the accident.

We are all in a position where if we were ever to have an unfortunate accident, there are no posts on this thread showing prior intent to drive like a knob that day.  

The only reason the police used his posts were because he had previously said they were going for a blast the day the accident occurred.

Appreciate the debate however Mikey, hope you don't take the post the wrong way

Marcus

Nope, not at all.

To be clear though, I only linked to 10p to show that the police can, and obviously do, look in to peoples internet history, not to compare you, or anybody else, to him.

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Nope, not at all.

To be clear though, I only linked to 10p to show that the police can, and obviously do, look in to peoples internet history, not to compare you, or anybody else, to him.

You are right when it comes to social media. I consider that invasion of privacy and irrelevant, but that is true police sometimes associates it with the traffic offences in serious cases. However, it is very unlikely they would be able to track you on car forum. Finally, traffic light racing is not necessary illegal e.g. the one I do every morning is (mostly) within speeds limits and the winner gets 1 or 2 positions in queue for next traffic lights.. Speeds are like 30-40MPH and the posted limit 50MPH. If there is no wheel spin and you do not exceed 50MPH.. there are in fact nothing illegal about it. All it matter is ~ first 100 meters and to get advantage of at lest 2 car lengths to squeeze in different lane. Wheel spin and smoke would be considered and anti social behaviour obviously.

I understand when it comes to IS-F the speeds and stakes are probably much higher much quicker, but in conditions I am driving your would struggle to exceed the speed for even 5MPH.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

You are right when it comes to social media. I consider that invasion of privacy and irrelevant, but that is true police sometimes associates it with the traffic offences in serious cases. However, it is very unlikely they would be able to track you on car forum. Finally, traffic light racing is not necessary illegal e.g. the one I do every morning is (mostly) within speeds limits and the winner gets 1 or 2 positions in queue for next traffic lights.. Speeds are like 30-40MPH and the posted limit 50MPH. If there is no wheel spin and you do not exceed 50MPH.. there are in fact nothing illegal about it. All it matter is ~ first 100 meters and to get advantage of at lest 2 car lengths to squeeze in different lane. Wheel spin and smoke would be considered and anti social behaviour obviously.

I understand when it comes to IS-F the speeds and stakes are probably much higher much quicker, but in conditions I am driving your would struggle to exceed the speed for even 5MPH.

Racing would invalidate your insurance if proven, Traffic violations do not always have anything to do with the posted speed limits. You could be doing 20 mph in a 60 zone and still be driving dangerously, without due care et al.

13 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Racing would invalidate your insurance if proven, Traffic violations do not always have anything to do with the posted speed limits. You could be doing 20 mph in a 60 zone and still be driving dangerously, without due care et al.

I guess if proven is key thing here. there is no way to prove I was "racing" if I just semi-floored as soon as green lighted-up. In fact based on "(fuel)efficient driving" recommendation you should reach the posted/safe speed as soon as possible, but without spinning the wheels. Spinning the wheels obviously is waste of energy, but anything just below that line is "efficient"  as well (contrary to what many people thinks) slowly reaching desired speed is "in-efficient". This is not my opinion, but straight from efficient driving training.

Traffic light grand prix may sound like racing, but for me it is simply overtaking another car (which is perfectly legal) in the given space between traffic lights - again if there is no wheels spin and no speeding it is legal. Finally, how would you define difference between overtaking and racing?

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I guess if proven is key thing here. there is no way to prove I was "racing" if I just semi-floored as soon as green lighted-up. In fact based on "(fuel)efficient driving" recommendation you should reach the posted/safe speed as soon as possible, but without spinning the wheels. Spinning the wheels obviously is waste of energy, but anything just below that line is "efficient"  as well (contrary to what many people thinks) slowly reaching desired speed is "in-efficient". This is not my opinion, but straight from efficient driving training.

Traffic light grand prix may sound like racing, but for me it is simply overtaking another car (which is perfectly legal) in the given space between traffic lights - again if there is no wheels spin and no speeding it is legal. Finally, how would you define difference between overtaking and racing?

Whatever........Carry on with your silly games, come to me for advice when you're silly antics injure someone.

I am not playing any games, we just discussing the potential of the cars. As the point was raised about legality of such thing I was trying to keep informed discussion about what is legal and what is not. There is nothing illegal in getting up to posted speed limit as quick as possible, given that you don't spin tires, don't go sideways and generally be sensible. If you going to do 90 in 30 MPH zone.. then obviously that is stupid and illegal. But I assume (maybe wrongly) most of the people on this forum are sensible..

@NemesisUK - you probably are right... you can get pulled and let-off, because there are no such thing as fine for excessive acceleration given that you have not gone above the posted speed. What you are referring to is what is know in US/AU as "unnecessary exhibition of speed/acceleration". As far as I know we don't have this in UK, but it is covered by other limits e.g. excessive noise, excessive wheel spin/smoke would be type of thing. Basically, you can be fined for reeving engine by the lights, burn outs etc... Not for simply accelerating swiftly.

@Linas.P Don't you believe it, there are many posts on other fora regarding being done for excessive acceleration. Yes, there is no specific offense as such but it's lumped under driving without due care etc. etc..

It's only a matter of time before such antics get noticed and stamped on.

• Like 1